• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenBuyer1796

• pajaro

• FarmBoy

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This could be a modern aftermarket artisan pen body done in the same vein as the Ariel Kullock Parker 51 special caps, section hoods and barrels, which put sometimes gay colors and patterns into Parker 51 pens, which were more restrained from the factory. I have one of the Emblem pens with a cream colored barrel and cap and a pattern that runs over the pen. A fantasy Emblem pen with the Emblem pen's works.

Edited by pajaro

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

If only we could see the whole pen and not just a bit we could make a better educated comment.

Is that you Brandon?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Must be a prototype.

Nope..Not a prototype...Nor is the pen pictured above a hundred year pen....

Howabout a picture of the whole pen....in all it's glory...

Fred

Benz in NJ?

Now we have the full view it certainly does not look 100 year. If the parts are genuine the colour is too bright for that era.

I understand where you're coming from, I was thinking maybe it was starting to deteriorate, but there are no micro cracks and it doesn't seem brittle.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand where you're coming from, I was thinking maybe it was starting to deteriorate, but there are no micro cracks and it doesn't seem brittle.

It couldn't be a modern fantasy item, like the ones done for Parker and Sheaffer models? Eh? Eh?

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

It couldn't be a modern fantasy item, like the ones done for Parker and Sheaffer models? Eh? Eh?

Wouldn't there be other examples of this then?

Yes, and I have one in a different color.

But Buyer wants it to be a prototype or a one off factory mistake.

Until we get a better picture of the thing it is hard to say much. It certainly looks like something I could make in a few minutes on the lathe.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

But Buyer wants it to be a prototype or a one off factory mistake.

Until we get a better picture of the thing it is hard to say much. It certainly looks like something I could make in a few minutes on the lathe.

Guess it was a bad buy. I knew I'd never seen this color combination before and since it was found it the wild, it looked to be of proper vintage.

Edited by PenBuyer1796

• 2 weeks later...

Photo?

fpn_1579738456__img_20200122_133425.jpg

fpn_1579738536__img_20200122_133447.jpg

fpn_1579738772__img_20200122_133528.jpg

fpn_1579738938__img_20200122_133656.jpg

I bought this pen on ebay for about $48. The seller wrote that he had made the plastic parts and used the furniture and works of an Emblem or Hundred Year pen to make this fantasy pen. After a while the pen started leaking, so I resacked it with a silicone sac. I find it interesting.

I think the OP's pen is a fantasy pen in the same vein of effort as the one I have. The OP's pen appears to me to be made of modern plastic. It doesn't seem to me to have been made back in the day, so not so likely to have been a proof or test sample, but who can say?

Famous pen makers have made fantasy copies of Parker 51, Sheaffer Legacy and perhaps the Waterman Hundred Year pen.

fpn_1579738456__img_20200122_133425.jpg

Edited by pajaro

• 3 weeks later...

So, nobody has seen another fantasy Hundred Year pen?

That pen is an obvious clone.

It's what I said it is. What do you mean by "obvious clone?" It has Waterman furniture, nib and filler. With third party barrel and cap. The pen I pictured is a Waterman emblem with aftermarket bodywork in the same way that Ariel Kullock fashioner hoods, barrels and caps to dress up genuine Parker 51s. Perhaps you didn't understand that and thinks it's a Chinese knock-off? Otherwise I don't get your dismissal of the pen as an "obvious clone." I don't understand what you meant.

It's what I said it is. What do you mean by "obvious clone?" It has Waterman furniture, nib and filler. With third party barrel and cap. The pen I pictured is a Waterman emblem with aftermarket bodywork in the same way that Ariel Kullock fashioner hoods, barrels and caps to dress up genuine Parker 51s. Perhaps you didn't understand that and thinks it's a Chinese knock-off? Otherwise I don't get your dismissal of the pen as an "obvious clone." I don't understand what you meant.

What I mean, is that there is a 100% certainty that besides some Waterman hardware, your pen is custom made. You compared your pen with my pencil, which doesn't have obvious features, if it did I would not have purchased it.