The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

M101 N Grey Blue.

m101n pelikan grey blue

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,893 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:12

Sharing some pics of my M101N Grey Blue.

fpn_1576918739__36bee067-7bd7-475b-9590-

fpn_1576918841__9af1cd4f-7ae4-4b18-93f1-

fpn_1576918942__c680510a-ed37-4475-be67-

fpn_1576919006__32e385a1-4c82-4772-b5dc-

fpn_1576919217__1ba80c99-1004-4b41-b5ca-

fpn_1576919082__f3f5a1d1-4bfe-4330-abd1-
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Sponsored Content

#2 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:43

Very nice pictures, Hari. Which is your favourite?

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

#3 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,893 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:55

Very nice pictures, Hari. Which is your favourite?

Thank you. I think its the red tortoise as it got a lot of pocket time. The blue grey is new and has to be put through the paces.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#4 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,602 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 20:05

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :notworthy1:

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#5 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2019 - 23:14

Wow, thats way prettier than the stock pictures. Nice pen.

#6 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,893 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:36

Thank you BoBo and Uncial.

#7 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,893 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:40

Some pics with an old M200 grey marbled.

fpn_1576992408__79484c1a-79ab-458c-9502-

fpn_1576992499__db822432-038f-4b45-884d-

fpn_1576992585__a9a0007e-89f3-48de-84f9-

fpn_1576992665__0cc0bbdc-6932-4a84-9d90-

fpn_1576992765__36908705-4ba4-4540-9dfa-

#8 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:28

nice one Hari! what nib did you get?

It's my Christmas present! it' under the tree, but unopened yet! I even resisted the urge to look at it... :D

#9 MsRedpen

MsRedpen

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:48

It is much much nicer live than on any promo pictures!
Hari, you nailed it on you trio photo :)

Mine was a birthday gift from my husband just three weeks ago, plus a bottle of Edelstein Tanzanite.
Very juicy F, especially with Tanzanite.
Love it!

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

#10 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,893 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 13:19

nice one Hari! what nib did you get?
It's my Christmas present! it' under the tree, but unopened yet! I even resisted the urge to look at it... :D

I got a B. On all three in fact. Would have got a BB if offered.
I applaud your self control. :)

#11 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,893 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 13:20

It is much much nicer live than on any promo pictures!
Hari, you nailed it on you trio photo :)

Mine was a birthday gift from my husband just three weeks ago, plus a bottle of Edelstein Tanzanite.
Very juicy F, especially with Tanzanite.
Love it!

Thank you. Yes the 101ns have been very good writers for me too.

#12 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,722 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 17:21

I got a B. On all three in fact. Would have got a BB if offered.
I applaud your self control. :)

my hands are twitching honestly :) but just a few more days now...

I would have liked to try a BB too, I got an M on this one, but I already have two Bs on another two M101N...I am thinking that one of the Bs would probably deserve to be stubbed.

I also like how juicy they are... :)

#13 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,893 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 17:27

my hands are twitching honestly :) but just a few more days now...
I would have liked to try a BB too, I got an M on this one, but I already have two Bs on another two M101N...I am thinking that one of the Bs would probably deserve to be stubbed.
I also like how juicy they are... :)

which other 101ns did you go for? I think I regret not getting the lizard. I had ample opportunity.

#14 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,602 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 17:46

I did luck into a marbled gray W.Germany 200 with an OM nib in a live auction lot.

The tad more springy W.Germany regular flex nibs are that slight tad more springy than the 'post '90-97 regular flex. (One needs both to feel the difference.)

Have a W. Germany black small 600 with a OBB, that shows that same slightly more springy nib of the '82-90 era. It is as expected of the '82-97 era nibs, a half width narrower than the my modern 1005 OBB, which is a regular flex nib.....(Not the Bock made semi-flex 1000 nib.)

A half a Decade ago, I had the chance to get one of Pelikan's Pen of their Times or how ever, but even on sale was a bit out of reach......so I got the MB Woolf instead....it was much cheaper; even with both being 1/3 off. The MB is by far my most expensive pen.

(It was a birthday gift from my wife................I neglected to read the small print.............our money! :rolleyes: :doh: :headsmack:. took me some nine months before I could buy another pen, ink  or piece of paper. :unsure:

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#15 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,893 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 18:05

I have a PF marked O3B on a 1000. Its a pretty rigid nib. I used to have a PF O2B 1000 which I foolishly traded away. These wider points are stiff rigid nibs. The PF F s and Ms are soft in my experience. I have no newer non PF 1000 nibs.

#16 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,722 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2019 - 23:05

which other 101ns did you go for? I think I regret not getting the lizard. I had ample opportunity.

Ah yes! I got the Lizard just recently!

Not a bargain, but not more than it cost when out, probably something less.

I have the green and red tortoise, I love both, they are remarkable finishes.

I also got the bright red, I was not really planning to get this one, it just happened to be there in a shop window during a business trip, and price was reasonably discounted from list price, so I walked out with the purchase.
You know how it is, sometimes when you travel the opportunity makes the purchase. I've bought several of my pens this way, and it's also rather nice when using them to remember where they were bought, the chat with the seller, the visit to the shop, etc.

#17 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 00:00

Keep looking for a lizard! It was the first one I got and IMHO it hasn’t been bettered in this series, much as I love the two reds. I just think the whole design and colouring hangs together the best.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

#18 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:12

I've got them all, so far, except for this recent grey blue. I prefer the tortoise ones, followed by the bright red, with the lizard coming last, as it were.

Now, if it had been a brown lizard - well that would have been a different matter altogether...

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

#19 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 14,893 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:19

Can anyone post real world pics of the bright red? Does the pen have a separate binde?

#20 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:23

Can anyone post real world pics of the bright red? Does the pen have a separate binde?

If you give me a little while, I'll photograph it along with the rest, but it's still a little dark today!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m101n, pelikan, grey blue

Sponsored Content

|