The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Japan Kiei Urushi Fountain Pen With Real Leaf Veins, Gold Powder

japanese fountain pen japanese urushi kiei urushi leaf fountain pen urushi nuri handmade fountain pen wancher

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 TaizoOkagaki

TaizoOkagaki

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:06

I thought perhaps. I wish I was in a position to buy one before they sold out because it is truly beautiful work. Hopefully I'll get another chance in the future.

i have a few more pieces though some are sold out for good. You can check it here:

https://www.wancherp...ons/kiei-urushi

Sponsored Content

#22 Intensity

Intensity

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:38

Is Holly Olive Akatame darker than Camellia Japonica Akatame?  Or is it just a difference in photographs or lighting?  Holly Olive Akatame was my favorite one (sold out now).

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

#23 TaizoOkagaki

TaizoOkagaki

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:47

Is Holly Olive Akatame darker than Camellia Japonica Akatame?  Or is it just a difference in photographs or lighting?  Holly Olive Akatame was my favorite one (sold out now

Yes, the Holly Olive is a little darker than Camellia. I like Camellia personally.

I am sorry that Holly Olive is sold out. I means that this design will not be available again. However, I would recommend the Red in Holly. It's just my opinion though.

#24 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to BBBB Small Signature

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:18

Hello friends, how are you?

Please allow me to share with an Urushi technique for fountain pen that I have been working on last three years.

~ TaizoOkagaki:

Thank you very much for posting these images.

The subdued colors are especially pleasing to the eye.

May 2020 be a healthy and productive year for you.

Tom K.

#25 TaizoOkagaki

TaizoOkagaki

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:51

~ TaizoOkagaki:

Thank you very much for posting these images.

The subdued colors are especially pleasing to the eye.

May 2020 be a healthy and productive year for you.

Tom K.

Thank you so much Tom. I wish you and everyone here a very happy 2020 too and Merry Christmas!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: japanese fountain pen, japanese urushi, kiei urushi, leaf fountain pen, urushi nuri, handmade fountain pen, wancher

Sponsored Content

|