The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker Ballpoint Hexagonal Barrel

ballpoint old model rolled gold

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RegDiggins

RegDiggins

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:29

• Member - Gold
  • gold_member.png
    bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 79 posts
  • Flag: England.gif

I thought this might be the best forum to look for info. concerning a  writing implement, namely an hexagonal ballpoint which I think was rolled gold.

I bought it from this site many years ago as it appealed to me due to its shape which of course reminded me of a pencil. I had it for a couple of years and used it regularly for crosswords which I did to while away the time whilst travelling. I had to travel a lot in those days both on business and leisure and finally left it on a plane.  As soon as I realised what I had done ( the next day when I went to use it ), I rang the airport who said the plane had been cleaned the night before and nothing was handed in.

I think it was a Parker but have no recollection of the clip design ,whether it was twist cap or depress, nor in fact any detail other than its hexagonal barrel.

Does anyone have any idea what model this might have been, bearing in mind that it was an old pen when I bought it.

Sponsored Content

#2 joss

joss

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:34

When you say "hexagonal", the first pen that comes to my mind is the Rotring 600. But as far as I know they did not come in rolled gold.

www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/248966-rotring-600-visual-guide/

#3 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 15:18

Also, Caran D'ache.  Many of those pens are hexagonal, rolled gold, and resemble pencils.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ballpoint old model, rolled gold

Sponsored Content

|