The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Leboeuf Returns!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 writepen

writepen

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 19:50

With great enthusiasm I am sharing welcome news with my fellow members--the treasured brand, LeBoeuf Fountain Pen Company, established in 1919, has been restored to life!

The quintessential representative LeBoeuf model was the Pilgrim collection, originally launched in the 1930's.  The modern remake is vintage-inspired and is now available.  In the attached photo is my Pilgrim in the Serengeti Sand finish.  Other color options are Ocean Blue and Pine Forest Green--all 3 are strikingly beautiful.  The significant characteristics are the smooth, German, gold-plated nib--an exceptional writer, the special, celluloid-style acrylic material, the flawless threading, the optimal weight and size--comfortable in the hand, and the affordable price.  Relative to other fountain pens from which we can choose, this LeBoeuf writing instrument gives us great value for our money.  usd125 is the retail price. The Pilgrim filling system is standard-size, international cartridge or supplied converter.  The collection is completed with a rollerball version which utilizes an international-style refill.  usd115 is the retail price.  https://leboeufpens.com
The photo would not upload.  This has happened many times, even after minimizing the file size.

Sponsored Content

#2 Seney724

Seney724

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 21:17

With great enthusiasm I am sharing welcome news with my fellow members--the treasured brand, LeBoeuf Fountain Pen Company, established in 1919, has been restored to life![/size]

The quintessential representative LeBoeuf model was the Pilgrim collection, originally launched in the 1930's.  The modern remake is vintage-inspired and is now available.  In the attached photo is my Pilgrim in the Serengeti Sand finish.  Other color options are Ocean Blue and Pine Forest Green--all 3 are strikingly beautiful.  The significant characteristics are the smooth, German, gold-plated nib--an exceptional writer, the special, celluloid-style acrylic material, the flawless threading, the optimal weight and size--comfortable in the hand, and the affordable price.  Relative to other fountain pens from which we can choose, this LeBoeuf writing instrument gives us great value for our money.  usd125 is the retail price. The Pilgrim filling system is standard-size, international cartridge or supplied converter.  The collection is completed with a rollerball version which utilizes an international-style refill.  usd115 is the retail price.  https://leboeufpens.com[/size]
The photo would not upload.  This has happened many times, even after minimizing the file size.[/size]

Recommended Reading:
http://www.fountainp...-fountain-pens/

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,415 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 21:28

@writepen -- So, where are these pens made?  And what sort of fill system do they have?

@Seney724 -- Yeah, I had already seen that other thread....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 23:10

Is there a wiff of Festerbrook hanging in the air?

#5 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 23:35

Place of manufacture unidentified from what I can determine. Says cartridge/converter, standard international.

I really like the blus and sand colors AND they are currently offering 25% off with free shipping. This almost enough to entice me to buy, except for the fact that they only have medium nibs!!

So, I will check back and consider a purchase when the nib choice is more expanded.

Thanks for the heads up.

@writepen -- So, where are these pens made?  And what sort of fill system do they have?

@Seney724 -- Yeah, I had already seen that other thread....

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#6 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibulous

• Member - Gold

• 2,344 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:10

A nice $10 Chinese pen?

"Want little. Need less. Love more."

#7 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,046 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:24

Maybe he'll buy up the great heritage of the Kaigelu 316 and sure we won't notice that it's the same shape, materials, nib, filling system and bargain price as the Conkstink, Festerbrook and LeBarf.

#8 lestylo

lestylo

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 23:59

Yes, sure looks like the Kaigelu K316 (about $25 on ebay).

Also pretty much exactly like the  Moonman M600S (about $20 on ebay) and any other Duofold clone. These 2 pens are nice for the price.

But you-know-who is selling the “New LeBoeuf” fountain pens on ebay for $109 or best offer.  I wonder if a best offer of $20 would be accepted. I guess he is counting on most people not doing research or comparison shopping or not being knowledgeable about pens. Clearly, these pens are made by one of the same manufactories in China. 

It appears that he has only one store attempting to sell these. A well known pen store in Washington DC. I don’t understand why they would, especially since he is already undercutting their price on ebay and his own website.

#9 Bill P

Bill P

FOUNTAIN PEN ENTHUSIAST

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2019 - 00:36

With great enthusiasm I am sharing welcome news with my fellow members--the treasured brand, LeBoeuf Fountain Pen Company, established in 1919, has been restored to life!

The quintessential representative LeBoeuf model was the Pilgrim collection, originally launched in the 1930's.  The modern remake is vintage-inspired and is now available.  In the attached photo is my Pilgrim in the Serengeti Sand finish.  Other color options are Ocean Blue and Pine Forest Green--all 3 are strikingly beautiful.  The significant characteristics are the smooth, German, gold-plated nib--an exceptional writer, the special, celluloid-style acrylic material, the flawless threading, the optimal weight and size--comfortable in the hand, and the affordable price.  Relative to other fountain pens from which we can choose, this LeBoeuf writing instrument gives us great value for our money.  usd125 is the retail price. The Pilgrim filling system is standard-size, international cartridge or supplied converter.  The collection is completed with a rollerball version which utilizes an international-style refill.  usd115 is the retail price.  https://leboeufpens.com
The photo would not upload.  This has happened many times, even after minimizing the file size.

Influencer? ...Reads like an advertisement....perhaps more appropriate in the Market Watch forum ....not in the review section...same for the Pen Chalet promos..Goldspot, and other promos

Edited by Bill P, 16 December 2019 - 10:21.

#10 peroride

peroride

Write now, enjoy pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2019 - 00:54

Considerable effort has been put forth in the value proposition.

This modern incarnate unlike the vintage appears to fit the modern Wing Sung 699 nib and a host of others with slight modification.

It also lacks the surprising kangaroo logo on the finial, however in deference to marsupial mothers everyone, I'd take this over this LeBoeuf

#11 lestylo

lestylo

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 17:44

As Bill P said above, “Influencer? ...Reads like an advertisement.”

1st thing I though when I read that head post in this thread. There is money to be made as a marketer or influencer whether or not you are really interested in the product.

#12 Bill P

Bill P

FOUNTAIN PEN ENTHUSIAST

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 17:03

Interesting....there are posts that have been deleted from this thread....

#13 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibulous

• Member - Gold

• 2,344 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 19:07

Interesting....there are posts that have been deleted from this thread....

Rule and Guidelines, Section B, 1st point. Bottom entry in blue in the column on the right

"Want little. Need less. Love more."

#14 Bill P

Bill P

FOUNTAIN PEN ENTHUSIAST

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 19:26

Karmachanic:

Thank you for the reference....they weren't my posts, but I do recall there being additional posts here that have been removed.

thank-you for the reference:  

• Politeness and civility to others is expected from all members. Please refrain from personal attacks, profanity, and discriminatory comments (gender, race, faith, political, etc.) This guideline also applies to "company" and/or "country bashing". While objective reviews are welcomed, attacks on individual companies, their owners or their staff will not be entertained.

I can't recall the specifics of the posts but I sort of recall that  they were pointing out inconsistencies with the original initiating post  aggrandizing the "value" of the product vs what appears to be the exact same product at a MUCH lower cost on ebay...

Edited by Bill P, 17 December 2019 - 20:42.

#15 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

24 Heures du Mans and Oblique Addict

• Member - Gold

• 4,153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 20:34

Only medium nibs......

#16 JakobS

JakobS

Far From the Madding Crowd

• Member - Gold

• 1,884 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 20:35

It appears that he has only one store attempting to sell these. A well known pen store in Washington DC. I don’t understand why they would, especially since he is already undercutting their price on ebay and his own website.

They have sold the other brand iterations as well, especially Esterbrook before it was bought by Kenro. Which has me wonder what distributor/manufacturer he will convince to take up this line? He was able to have Yafa buy Conklin, and Kenro buy Esterbrook, and somehow he was able to convince the Fountain Pen Hospital to take up the trademark rights to Mabie Todd from him, though they abandoned them in 2017, probably because that was a dud from the get-go....

Edited by JakobS, 17 December 2019 - 20:47.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!For Sale: TBA

#17 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,415 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 20:44

I notice that the OP has specifically not answered my questions....  So I'm guessing it comes with "a very nice box" (hint to newer people to search the site).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#18 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,861 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 20:55

Does penhero know they have used one of his photos on the about us page? Might be worth checking that?

#19 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 3,719 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 21:24

I've reached out to the new Leboeuf.

It's really bad form to use my work without permission.  Don't appreciate it since other pen companies pay me for my work and would be unhappy to see this.

#20 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 3,719 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 21:53

All,

Robert Rosenberg contacted me to resolve the issue of using my photos.  I'm satisfied that it's being resolved.

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

|