The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

♥ Twsbi Eco-T In Mint! ♥

twsbi

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 taimdala

taimdala

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 00:37

Hi everyone!

Has anyone seen the news about the new model of TWSBI Eco-T in Mint slated for release next week on 16 Dec 2019?

So far, I've seen it here, here , and here.

(Edited to add: And here.)

I have about 7 TWSBI Ecos and a single TWSBI Diamond 580, but I haven't yet purchased an Eco-T. Is the performance the same as an Eco or 580? Or is it different enough to warrant getting one?

I confess, the lovely translucent mint color is making it hard to resist buying it. It looks like the palest of chrysocolla, the gem-grade variety  ... which, had the pen parts been made of the actual gem material, would price this pen right out of a lot of people's budgets (but would have been hellaciously awesome!)

Anybody have an opinion about the Eco T they feel like sharing with a newbie?

Edited by taimdala, 13 December 2019 - 01:07.

Sponsored Content

#2 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 00:52

The literal only difference between the Eco and Eco T is the triangular grip on the T. Every single other part of the pen is identical.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 13 December 2019 - 00:53.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#3 taimdala

taimdala

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:07

The literal only difference between the Eco and Eco T is the triangular grip on the T. Every single other part of the pen is identical.

When you say it's got a triangular grip, it's like the Lamy Safari or AL-Star? That doesn't sound bad or weird at all! Thanks, Honeybadgers. ♥

Edited by taimdala, 13 December 2019 - 01:07.

#4 Mongoosey

Mongoosey

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 02:28

When you say it's got a triangular grip, it's like the Lamy Safari or AL-Star? That doesn't sound bad or weird at all! Thanks, Honeybadgers. ♥

It's not as defined as the Lamy's.  It's a milder Triangular Grip.

It adds a little more securement to the girp if you hold the pen in a tripod position, and makes it quicker for you to position the pen in your fingers.  TWSBI did a nice job with it.

#5 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,035 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:13

Okay, I can pass on this.  Not a color I like....  But thanks for posting the links.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#6 taimdala

taimdala

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:53

Okay, I can pass on this.  Not a color I like....  But thanks for posting the links.
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

You're welcome, inkstainedruth.

#7 Mongoosey

Mongoosey

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:26

I like the Mint Blue color.

I usually prefer neutral colors cuz I'm "boring" like that lol.

I remember having a lime green/yellow Eco, and I loved the color, but that certainly did stand out lol.

I do like the Clear Demonstrator Eco's, but I prefer the solid color Eco's over the transparent color Eco's, and I think TWSBI did a good job with this solid color.  

The Mint Blue is "refreshing".

#8 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 13:57

Not quite true: the cap end and the piston knobs are also different shapes. The Eco-T cap end and piston knob are roughly triangular/3-sided, as opposed to the multi-faceted shapes on the standard Eco.

Edited by migo984, 15 December 2019 - 14:00.

Verba volant, scripta manent

#9 Arkanabar

Arkanabar

Ain't I a stinker?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 December 2019 - 22:23

In the normal course of events, nothing would induce me to have a pen with a triangular section.

#10 IThinkIHaveAProblem

IThinkIHaveAProblem

(⌐■_■)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2019 - 00:20

Thank you for posting!

Xmas gift now taken care of! :)
Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi

Sponsored Content

|