Coming Green And White M200

OCArt

nice colors

~ WLSpec:

That's also been my reaction.

An M200 Special Edition Pastel Green in EF would find a place on my writing desk.

It's on my “to be considered” list for 2020.

I'd like to use it in the field for jotting notes about any plant or animal sightings of interest.

Tom K.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• oregano

• amk

• Bo Bo Olson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice colors just in time for Spring and a good, clear ink window.

However, I picked up seven new Pelikans last year, so I’m trying to dial back the purchasing in 2020.

~ DilettanteG:

I admire your restraint in 2020.

Last year was likewise a Pelikan year for my writing desk.

Nonetheless, this Pastel Green and White may find a place in my home.

Tom K.

I am considering the Pastel Green and White. I like the colors, even though I do wish it was a bit larger. If things go as expected, I hope to order one from Fritz Schimpf possibly with their italic modification. But right now there are too many things up in the air. I hope they will come to roost soon.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I am considering the Pastel Green and White. I like the colors, even though I do wish it was a bit larger. If things go as expected, I hope to order one from Fritz Schimpf possibly with their italic modification. But right now there are too many things up in the air. I hope they will come to roost soon.

~ 5Cavaliers:

That's great! A Fritz Schimpf Italic Grind is an outstanding writer.

I may also order a Pastel Green and White Pelikan from Fritz Schimpf.

I'm thinking of an EF nib, as the one EF Pelikan I ordered (Smoky Quartz) from Fritz Schimpf writes margin notes very well.

This might be a Pastel Green and White Spring in a few corners of FPN.

Tom K.

I'm really looking forward to this, as I mentioned on another thread. I just hope that the celery green part has some depth to it, like the Classic-brown, and is not too pearlescent white, which would borderline ruin it for me. I have also started wondering if this year they will introduce a white M600 with grass green stripes (just a feeling), no specific info on that! Not to get on another subject...just a thought!

Oh my. That really IS light. Thanks for the picture, it will help many of us make up our minds.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

~ ljz:

Thank you for posting the image.

Does that suggest that this model is now available through the leading fountain pen retailers?

Tom K.

• 2 weeks later...

If you'd fill it with anything else than a light green ink, it looked quite ugly.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

Meh. Not a green for me. But thanks for posting the photo.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I would have to agree. Not for me. But a cool addition!

Thank you ljz for posting a photo. I am rethinking whether this is the right pen for me. I still think I would like it to be a larger pen. Oh well.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Well, I pre-ordered it already so...I think I will like it, despite the smaller m200 size. It is more transparent then I would like (couldn't they have done a colored ink window?), but definitely unique in the line-up.

• 3 months later...

~ The Special Edition Classic Pastel-Green M200 has been used by field botanists in the Xishuangbanna National Tropical Botanical Garden.

It's located in the southernmost area of Yunnan Province, between Laos and Myanmar.

The pen's light green complements the outdoor setting where various species are cultivated.

It was sent as a gift by European botanists who had previously done research in Xishuangbanna.

Tom K.

~ The Special Edition Classic Pastel-Green M200 has been used by field botanists in the Xishuangbanna National Tropical Botanical Garden.

It's located in the southernmost area of Yunnan Province, between Laos and Myanmar.

The pen's light green complements the outdoor setting where various species are cultivated.

It was sent as a gift by European botanists who had previously done research in Xishuangbanna.

Tom K.

That sounds lovely! I can just imagine the different shades of green together... ;)

By the way, what is the extra cost of a Schimpf italic grind? I can't find any reference on the Fritz Schimpf website. And if I do order from there (I'm in the EU and the prices are good) I'd certainly like to get an italic.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

By the way, what is the extra cost of a Schimpf italic grind? I can't find any reference on the Fritz Schimpf website. And if I do order from there (I'm in the EU and the prices are good) I'd certainly like to get an italic.

~ amk:

Until the present, a Fritz Schimpf Italic Grind has been exclusively by request, hence not listed as a regular option.

My experience has been that asking for an estimate for a particular model receives a prompt and straightforward reply.

Their service has been consistently outstanding for a variety of requests, including Italic Grinds.

Tom K.

Tom K.

Interesting information. Thanks for posting.

And good to see you back! We've been kinda worried about you after your internet access was cut off a couple of months ago.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."