The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Fake Parkers On Ebay

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 torstar

torstar

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 20:09

Fake pens on ebay? Oh man!

Fake Parkers? Nooo!!!!

Fake Parker Sonnets? That's just outrageous!!!!

Buying this particular pen on ebay, and from someone in China, you'd need nothing short of a miracle for it not to be counterfeit.

I purchased a "Perfect Parker IM with 0.5mm nib" once, out of curiosity. The quality was OK, but like the Sonnet (real or counterfeit) its cap's not airtight, so it dries out. The nib, though, is quite good.

I also purchased a lot of 4 Sonnets from someone in the US at a very low price to see if I could figure out a way to deal with that model's drying issue. I've compared them to two Sonnets that I purchased from reputable retailers in person, and if they're fakes, they're crazy good, because I couldn't find any sign of them not being legit. (Before you ask, I never got around to trying something to make the caps airtight... too many projects, too little time.)

best read of the year so far!

Sponsored Content

#22 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2020 - 21:21

Today was digging out the dregs of desk drawer... discovered my 2 Baoer 388s right at the bottom. Havent seen them 12-18mths easy, if not much longer.

Started opening them up to add to Wash bucket... then noticed their converters were still 3/4 full 8) wow. 1 has Watermans Inspired, other was Serenity. A quick prime via the knob & they both started right up again - amazing.

By comparison... my genuine Sonnet dries out a full cartridge in mere weeks. :(

not sure if the Baoer 388 is what the OP is complaining about, but I have your exact experience, the 388 does not dry out, and I consider it one of my favourite (because reliable) Chinese pens.
here is a comparison http://www.fountainp...t-vs-baoer-388/

When Chinese makers will also understand that good features can be borrowed and with a small effort personalized with an own design I am sure we would all look even more favourably to their efforts.

#23 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• 2,275 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2020 - 00:21

Okay, just ordered one, last night. Now the wait begins. Should be here (see avatar) before spring. I hope.

Thanks for the heads up.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#24 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2020 - 18:57

did you buy from YC Guo? he's usually reliable and shipment does not take forever (at least to EU)

Sponsored Content

|