The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Stipula Nibs

stipula nibs piston filled giardino italiano

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Susanna

Susanna

il meglio del Made in Italy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2019 - 18:58

I recently interviewed Luca Viti - Stipula's business partner and head of the pens’ department - because we re-started a business relationship after a few years off. 

As I wrote in the interview's introduction, "I missed the Stipulas. They are beautiful, interesting, and charming pens. They remind me of those prim-and-proper ladies: they won’t surprise you with the latest fashion, but will never look out of place."

Well, apart from the aesthetics, I found out that Stipula now produces its own nibs, because a few years ago bought an old nib factory with all old equipments and started producing home-made nibs.

pennino.jpg

Not only gold. They also make a steel calligraphic nib (they called it V-Flex) that is more flexible and performing than many gold nibs.

Here you find the whole interview: http://blog.giardino...tipula-is-back/

Susanna
----------
Giardino Italiano, il meglio del Made in Italy - www.giardino.it - www.pens.it

My Facebook page
My Blog:  blog.giardino.it

Sponsored Content

#2 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 19:03

That is interesting.   I love all of my  Stipulas and I am happy they are moving forward with new designs and their own nibs.

the Danitrio Fellowship

#3 RubenDh

RubenDh

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2019 - 19:37

As a big Stipula fan I find this extremely interesting. I hope to see some more faceted Etrurias as well.

Thank you VERY much for taking the time and effort of conducting an interview and sharing it here!

Can someone inform me about the new vacuum system? Is it now similair to the Pilot Custom 823 or the Visconti Powerfillers (?) where there are two ink compartments: one in the body of the pen full of ink and one above the section with ink to feed the nib?

Edited by RubenDh, 09 December 2019 - 20:26.

#4 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:15

I think they use the Torricelli Air pump filling system. A Stipula dealer told me it very similar to the vacumatic system, I am no expert in this type of filling system though.

Edited by sansenri, 13 December 2019 - 10:16.

#5 jchch1950

jchch1950

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:51

The new Stipulas caps and barrels are made of new materials or they keep using the old ones?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stipula, nibs, piston filled, giardino italiano

Sponsored Content

|