The Fountain Pen Across Miles And Languages

Jerome Tarshis

I am not often captivated by journal articles written by psychology professors, but I do value what artists and writers say about their experiences. In this case, experiences of an uprooted Iranian writer using a fountain pen:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jerome Tarshis

• rickap

• Maurizio

• Karmachanic

Copy this and paste in your search engine of choice:

Writing in longhand gives my stories more soul

Article will appear.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/first-person/article-writing-in-longhand-gives-my-stories-more-soul/

This link should work.

Alternatively, delete %C2%A0/ (the last bit) from the link in OP's post (which appears only once you click the link, copying the link and pasting it works as well, but my link works also, not sure why OP's doesn't once clicked on).

Edited by Olya

Thanks for all the IT assistance. I'd had no idea the link I posted would not work. I've been sending links formed by highlighting the contents of the address bar for many years now, and at least when I send them in email they seem to work.

This will teach me to test links before I walk away. Or let others post links.

Thanks Jerome for the link to the article. I enjoyed reading it.

Thanks to those who helped with the link.

Rick

Rick

Wow. Just... wow.... That was AMAZING.

The thing that struck me the most about the article was when the father said "I wrote two novels in my head while in prison"....
I completely understand that. For me, the stories and story ideas are like movies playing in my head. The hard part is getting them down on paper to make it match the "movie". I tried doing it on a laptop, but it didn't work (which is a bit odd, because when I was taking writing classes in college I *could* compose poems on a typewriter). But since finding this site I've actually gone back to writing poetry and have tried my hand at fiction (I'm just not diligent enough about it). There is just something about the flow of ink onto the page

Thanks for letting us know about this, everyone. I think I'm going to see if I can find some of the author's other work to read. I also have bookmarked the article, and read it out loud to my husband just now.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A good article, thanks for posting. Reminds us how lucky we all are to have our freedom ( of both body and mind ) and to be able to enjoy the simple sophisticated joys of writing with a real pen. Left me wondering though, is her father still in prison? Has he published any books that I might like to read?

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Thanks for the link Karmachanac. Don’t think I’ll be reading any books on polymer chemistry. Sad that this intelligent sensitive, and BRAVE man is still in prison. Won’t say more not to get into a rule-violating political discussion here.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com