The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lucy In The Sky With Diamine

diamine nick stewart

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 NickiStew

NickiStew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 14:24

beatles-1.png

Even though I was a toddler at the time, the music of the Beatles has been an influence on my creative career. I still listen to their music and often refer to my copy of The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics by Alan Aldridge for both pleasure and inspiration.

Sgt Pepper, Magical Mystery and Abbey Road are all regularly played in the studio, but it's the White Album that truly fascinates me and so the portrait shots that I chose to replicate of the Fab Four are from circa 1968 when the album was recorded.

So what better way to pay homage than to take four of Liverpool's finest musicians and reimagine them with some of Liverpool's finest fountain pen ink?

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

Sponsored Content

#2 tamiya

tamiya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 15:25

Spectacular!

#3 NickiStew

NickiStew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 16:16

thats very kind. They arent perfect but what they do demonstrate is how unique fountain pen ink is. You couldnt achieve this with any other art medium and thats why Im on a mission to promote it as such.

Edited by NickiStew, 08 December 2019 - 16:16.

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

#4 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 17:30

Love it! I enjoy your artwork in general, but I also have a soft spot for the Beatles. Fine work!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

#5 Olya

Olya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 985 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 19:16

Absolutely fantastic art work!

#6 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 19:18

Very wonderfully done! Thanks for sharing with us. From a real Beatles fan.  :wub:

#7 ItsMeDave

ItsMeDave

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 21:14

beatles-1.png

Even though I was a toddler at the time, the music of the Beatles has been an influence on my creative career. I still listen to their music and often refer to my copy of The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics by Alan Aldridge for both pleasure and inspiration.

Sgt Pepper, Magical Mystery and Abbey Road are all regularly played in the studio, but it's the White Album that truly fascinates me and so the portrait shots that I chose to replicate of the Fab Four are from circa 1968 when the album was recorded.

So what better way to pay homage than to take four of Liverpool's finest musicians and reimagine them with some of Liverpool's finest fountain pen ink?

Love it. 

#8 peroride

peroride

Write now, enjoy pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 22:26

At first I thought it was Diamine's new ink and box cover print/photo.

Superb !! :yikes: Can't believe that was fountain pen ink art.

Thank you for sharing; Love your inspiring work !

#9 Bibliophage

Bibliophage

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 828 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 00:31

Well done.  Each one is easily recognizable, and the droplet scattering is a nice touch.

#10 Mongoosey

Mongoosey

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 03:27

I love it!!!

Thank you for sharing!!

#11 tamiya

tamiya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:19

fwiw, idiotbox was on recently & I was absentmindedly eavesdropping... some interview with Julian L... supposedly "Lucy" was a girl in his school/class when he was 5... :)

#12 mhguda

mhguda

It's mostly the paper that gets me now...

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:49

Very wonderfully done! Thanks for sharing with us. From a real Beatles fan.  :wub:

Copy that. All their music still resonates with me, after all these years...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

#13 Noihvo

Noihvo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 15:54

fpn_1576252475__img_5580.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Are you looking for a custom bound book? Check out my Etsy page.

#14 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 19,022 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:28

beatles-1.png

I think I have a copy of that book.  It was a Christmas or birthday present somewhere along the line when I was maybe in high school.  I remember that in the forward or introduction Aldridge complaining that every time he wanted to an illustration for a specific song some OTHER artist picked it....

Wow.  Haven't thought of that book in DECADES.  I think it's in a crate in the corner room upstairs, which, given the windows, I had tried to turn into a greenhouse/seed starter room at one point (with heavy plastic over the crates on the other side of the room, on a interior wall....  I really need to clear that room out at some point.  I think there's a couple of other books (in that crate or one of the others) that I really need to have a look at again....  Especially one that is a very funny photo essay book which anticipates cat memes by probably close to half a century....  Wish I could remember the book title... I know a couple of people who could use it as a present if I were to ever find any more copies (it was just one of the books my parents had around the house growing up).  

Sigh.  Just spent a fruitless nearly fifteen minutes trying to Google the book without knowing the title of author.  One of those cases where everything is on the Internet -- except when it isn't....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#15 NickiStew

NickiStew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:10

I think I have a copy of that book.  It was a Christmas or birthday present somewhere along the line when I was maybe in high school.  I remember that in the forward or introduction Aldridge complaining that every time he wanted to an illustration for a specific song some OTHER artist picked it....
Wow.  Haven't thought of that book in DECADES.  I think it's in a crate in the corner room upstairs, which, given the windows, I had tried to turn into a greenhouse/seed starter room at one point (with heavy plastic over the crates on the other side of the room, on a interior wall....  I really need to clear that room out at some point.  I think there's a couple of other books (in that crate or one of the others) that I really need to have a look at again....  Especially one that is a very funny photo essay book which anticipates cat memes by probably close to half a century....  Wish I could remember the book title... I know a couple of people who could use it as a present if I were to ever find any more copies (it was just one of the books my parents had around the house growing up).  
Sigh.  Just spent a fruitless nearly fifteen minutes trying to Google the book without knowing the title of author.  One of those cases where everything is on the Internet -- except when it isn't....

Hi Ruth. This the version I have. It’s the hardback version of both volumes: https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/0316641316

#16 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 19,022 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 19:45

Huh.  Didn't realize it was two volumes (I have just the one).  Looked at the link and then at the "Look Inside" feature, and while some of the art didn't seem familiar, others definitely were.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#17 arellano81366

arellano81366

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2019 - 15:00

Magnificent! Thanks 4 sharing! I am on my late 30s and I was touched by The Beatles even when was before my time.

Javier

#18 Cassotto

Cassotto

Peppermint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2019 - 14:32

From a lifelong Beatles fan and a fountain pen lover, wow! My hat's off to you! I am (was) good at drawing in pencil, and could copy black and white photographs reasonably well, but this is in another league.

I have the same edition of the Illustrated Lyrics book as you, but I must say I never paid too much attention to it. I've got around 170 books on the Beatles, but I've always been fonder of those related to the music itself (and if they're on the technial side, much better!). I'll have another look at it.

It isn't true that you live only once. You only die once. You live lots of times, if you know how. (Bobby Darin)

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. (Oscar Wilde)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, nick stewart

Sponsored Content

|