The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Over Lay Lever Less

swan

3 replies to this topic

#1 enchiridion

enchiridion

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2019 - 21:50

LGO_0355.jpeg IMG_0034.jpeg
I have a Swan lever less with very nice engraving but I'm reluctant trying to service it. Any suggestions?
it's dated 1953 would that be accurate?
since it is valuable I'm doubting between selling as is or servicing
more pictures on my website

Edited by enchiridion, 05 December 2019 - 21:53.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.bermond.be

Sponsored Content

#2 Cob

Cob

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2019 - 21:54

I had a similar Leverless dated 1955.  I have a strong suspicion that they may be old stock subject to the clop - I cannot see it clearly in the picture.  My pen had a step clip.

No problem servicing the pen all provided that there is no major internal derangement.  I have done quite a few of these.

Cob

Edited by Cob, 05 December 2019 - 21:56.

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#3 Greenie

Greenie

Collectors Item

• FPN Mabie Todd Group Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:17

Service it!  It looks to be in great shape.  

#4 eckiethump

eckiethump

Jack's the lad

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:50

I had a set like this, sorry can't seem to upload pictures ? This was the engraving on the fountain pen “To Mr William Eves in Appreciation of 50 years Service as Secretary to Tyldesey Building Society from 1901 to 1951”.

After owning it for 4-5 years, the grandson of Willam Eaves got in touch with me and I was able to repatriate the set with the family. I covered this in a an article in the Writing Equipment Society magazine #112 of summer 2018. It was a very well used set and mystery how it came into the "wild".

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swan

Sponsored Content

|