Parker Vector Clone ?

LazyPen

I've noticed that's possibile to find "parker im vector series" from china for less than 5/6 euro (shipped).

So i guess it's a clone but... from photo it seems to be a real parker.

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LazyPen

• Pickwick

• tamiya

• JotterAddict62

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to wonder which model came first, the Baoer 801 or the Vector. Some research on the Monteverde Impressa which looked the same as the Baoer 051. Likewise the Baoer 517 looks as though it became the Conklin Victory. I found an FPN forum discussing this sometime ago along with other websites who realised both Baoer pens had been in production for quite sometime before Yafa liked the look of the design and had the names they own engraved on them.

I'd be interested to learn more about this from other members.

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

Have Vectors from back in their heyday, have Baoer lookalikes too... they aint from the same production line. Caps/barrel/section bits dont interchange afaik on casual trying - didnt bother bringing out a bigger hammer.

So at the end... is this definitely a fake and, if yes, a bad fake ?

:)

apart from the hallmark Arrow clip, is it engraved with "Parker" anywhere?

The other issue is it's a Vector; a Parker IM is a complete different series nothing alike.

apart from the hallmark Arrow clip, is it engraved with "Parker" anywhere?

The other issue is it's a Vector; a Parker IM is a complete different series nothing alike.

Yes, looking at the photo it is.

Yes, looking at the photo it is.

Looking closer it's clearly marked Baoer. It would be a fake if Parker was engraved instead. On ebay it's sold as a Baoer 801 clearly identifying the maker to a prospective buyer who is free to make a choice. After all as I found out, the Baoer 051 and 517 which was being manufactured several years before Yafa had Monteverde and Conklin engraved on them.

Which one now becomes a Fake? The issue is becoming a very indistinct grey area!

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

Where you see "baoer' ?!?

It looked like the one on the top left cap photo. I assumed the OP had taken photos of both pens for comparison. My eyes are not as good as they once were!

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

Theyre decent pens for the price :) some yrs back I bought a handful to tuneup & giveaway. Bought some stainless flighters and some lacquered blue & reds.

Think they had BAOER on the nib but nothing on the cap edge.