The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Creating Custom Acrylics And Pens With Jonathon Brooks Of The Carolina Pen Company

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 figboot

figboot

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:09

I recently had the opportunity to visit the workshop of Jonathon Brooks, one of the most renowned custom acrylic makers around...and the man behind the Carolina Pen Company.  We sat down and created a couple of custom resins based on some inspiration pictures and then turned those resins into pens.  It was really interesting to see first-hand, what goes into the creation of custom resins and listening to the thought process of a master craftsman at work.

I typically don't post links to my videos or reviews here...but this video was a bit different.  I thought that folks would like to see a bit behind the scenes of what it takes to create some of the materials and pens they love.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask...here's a link to the video.

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 bugsydog55

bugsydog55

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2019 - 00:56

Excellent video Dave and it was fun watching the process from liquid resin to finished pen.  Seems like magic, some clear stuff with a squirt or two of this and that plus a scoop of something else  and a touch of whateveritis and tada there is something new and sparkling in someone's pen case.  There is nothing like a little pen envy for the holidays!

#3 figboot

figboot

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:41

Excellent video Dave and it was fun watching the process from liquid resin to finished pen.  Seems like magic, some clear stuff with a squirt or two of this and that plus a scoop of something else  and a touch of whateveritis and tada there is something new and sparkling in someone's pen case.  There is nothing like a little pen envy for the holidays!

Thanks.  This was a fun video to put together...plus, I ended up with two pens!   :D

#4 Bill P

Bill P

FOUNTAIN PEN ENTHUSIAST

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:50

Great video Dave.....thanks for taking the time to share...really enjoyed it.

2 Great looking Pens too!!

Bill P.

#5 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:32

Thanks so much for posting this, truly fascinating! What an artist Jonathon is.

Edited by bbs, 05 December 2019 - 02:33.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Sponsored Content

|