The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Safari Colours For 2020

lamy safari new colours.

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 Astron

Astron

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2020 - 14:58

Hmmm.  If these really are the new colors, Mango is a lot yellower than I was expecting.  Still a "maybe" until I see one for real, though.  As opposed to the Violet -- that's a no brainer (pretty much like the Dark Lilac: "you had me at purple..."  B)).

I actually like the colored clips.  One of the things I *don't* like about the "standard" Safari colors is the clip. I know that it's really functional, but it just looks like a big annoying paperclip to me.  Which is one of the things I really liked about Dark Lilac (besides the color of course) is the black nib and clip; I find the color clips to really be much more attractive looking somehow (I keep drooling at the old French Blue with the red clip, but then look at the pricetag of every one I've ever seen and go "Nope, nope, just not paying that kind of money for a Safari...").

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Well, the black clip is the genuine design of the Safari. They changed to chrome clips some years ago. I guess it costs less in production.

Sponsored Content

#82 Glenn-SC

Glenn-SC

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,204 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 21:34

Well, the black clip is the genuine design of the Safari.

So are the Red Clips, and the Chrome, and the body color.

I like the new colors and the body colored clips.

#83 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,640 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:03

These are the most fun pens.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#84 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 13:17

Uhhh ohhhh....why did I look?

Whyyyyy? Woe is me!

I also just got my first Lamy pencil to commemorate a certain achievement. Where have you been all my life? Does anyone know when the new LE colors will be available in the USA? And whether I can get a pencil ✏️ in these colors???

#85 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,414 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 18:03

At the moment I'm trying to decide whether it's worth wandering down to the Lamy Soho store and ask when they think the new colors will be stateside.  I was in the store a couple of years ago when they first opened, and they had a display with tester pens for the Crystal inks, but the inks themselves weren't available at that point.  I'm only in NYC for a couple of days, and just found out that my husband's niece from the West Coast is in town and planning on bringing the kids to lunch at my sister-in-law's.  So my only shot is today, and it's already afternoon....  The trip east was sufficiently stressful (including having to drive through bad fog yesterday morning in eastern PA until we got to the Poconos) that the idea of just spending the afternoon curled up with a book sound like a good plan as well....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#86 Astron

Astron

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 18:52

Do it. :thumbup:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, safari new colours.

Sponsored Content

|