Safari Colours For 2020

jchch1950

Terracotta and Savannah in that Satin Matt finish ( like the all black, Dark Lilac & Petrol ) would be most welcomed , keep the nib polished steel pls

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• christof

• jchch1950

• Uffuffa

Oooh, I like the Line Friends pen! Not only is it chocolate brown but it has a teddy bear. I love teddy bears!

But that pen won't be mine. It's going for $100 on eBay and I'm not willing to pay that much for a $30 pen and a few toys.

Red Linefriends has a predecessor ;) it was earlier released as a Yellow set. I think its the same brown matte Safari; might be different pose for the Linefriends bear.

Linefriends is some chat app afaik; the bear is their mascot. There were some other animals too.

Havent bothered chasing either set, Im not that crazy on collecting Lamy & last I looked the yellow discontinued set was asking $200+

Thank you for taking the picture. I like this dark green a lot.

...there is no FP in that color, right?

C.

Hi Christof - you’re correct. There is no FP in this colour yet. That is why I am wondering if it might be the next colour for 2020... Let’s wait and see :)

You know this for certain? Because violet might be nice.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

100% sure. The colour of the clip is the same as that of the cap and barrel.

I reckoned that Lamy has announced the future release already, like two or three months ago?

p.s. The new Lamy studio has “glacier” colour and Lamy aion is in dark green.

Violet, mango and aquamarine sound interesting :)

Mango does indeed sound interesting.

Aquamarine? That was a special edition a few years back, but a nice color just the same.

Violet? Would be nice if it's a lighter shade than the Dark Lilac released a couple years ago. I love purple and purple has been my go-to ink color since even before my interest in fountain pens. I just don't want a repeat of the Dark Lilac with a different finial or clip or whatever Lamy does that they deem "special".

"You have to be willing to be very, very bad in this business if you're ever to be good. Only if you stand ready to make mistakes today can you hope to move ahead tomorrow."

Dwight V. Swain, author of Techniques of the Selling Writer.

100% sure. The colour of the clip is the same as that of the cap and barrel.

I reckoned that Lamy has announced the future release already, like two or three months ago?

p.s. The new Lamy studio has “glacier” colour and Lamy aion is in dark green.

I can see 3 new Lamy pens on my way :lticaptd: .

Interesting, that's a teal/bluegreen Turmaline... ink would be very nice.

more so compared to Edelstein Tourmaline - which is Pink! :)

Edelstein Tourmaline is inspired by the Rubelite variety. Looks like Lamy’s is named after Paraiba Tourmaline.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Aquamarine would be awesome (as would the other colors mentioned) :) Though I hope it would be a brighter color that's more true to the way they photographed the LE Aquamarine studio. When I saw the studio in person, the color was quite a bit darker than all the stock photos. It still looks nice, but felt a little let down.

Personally, I'd love to see the Safari come out in dark green. Savannah green would be even better, but I've all but given up on Lamy going down the retro path for the Safari. If Lamy did make fountain pens in Savannah green, I'd buy several (particularly if there was an LE ink to match it). I'll pass, if the LE colours are aquamarine, violet and mango.

Does anyone know, I mean, REALLY know who to contact at Lamy’s design wing to exert some influence the color selections a few years out?

If not, why do we think it’s necessary to say what colors we’d like to see or which colors we loathe so much we’d refuse to buy them?

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

I don't know who to contact at Lamy about that. I know that someone on here was ecstatic when the Dark Lilac came out (apparently that person had been pestering Lamy for several years -- and I'm happy for it).

As for why we think it's necessary to say what we like or don't? Why not -- it's just harmless conjecture. There were people who were all gung-ho about the Petrol, but I didn't like it at all. Just like there are ink colors that I like that other people can't stand.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm newer here but speculation seems fun :) I don't really know many people IRL who want to talk about potential fountain pen colors, so I find it nice that there are people interested enough to post on these topics haha

Does anyone know, I mean, REALLY know who to contact at Lamy’s design wing to exert some influence the color selections a few years out?

If not, why do we think it’s necessary to say what colors we’d like to see or which colors we loathe so much we’d refuse to buy them?

To answer your questions: No, I have no idea who to contact at Lamy to exert any influence. No I don't think it's "necessary" to talk about the colours that I'd like to see.

However, I think that's missing the point. This forum is about discussing our collective obsession with fountain pens and let's be honest, none of the posts in this forum are truly "necessary" and life would go on without the forum, albeit it would be a touch more drab.

There are some LE Safari colours that I have absolutely loved. By that I mean Dark Lilac and Petrol (not to mention the matching inks). Other did not appeal to me at all. I buy the ones I like and not the ones I don't. I enjoy reading about the opinions of others and discussing my views.

To answer your questions: No, I have no idea who to contact at Lamy to exert any influence. No I don't think it's "necessary" to talk about the colours that I'd like to see.

However, I think that's missing the point. This forum is about discussing our collective obsession with fountain pens and let's be honest, none of the posts in this forum are truly "necessary" and life would go on without the forum, albeit it would be a touch more drab.

There are some LE Safari colours that I have absolutely loved. By that I mean Dark Lilac and Petrol (not to mention the matching inks). Other did not appeal to me at all. I buy the ones I like and not the ones I don't. I enjoy reading about the opinions of others and discussing my views.

+1

Dark Lilac is hands down my favorite Safari. It is the only one of several so-called "limited edition" Safari I own that would make me truly sad if I lost it.

"You have to be willing to be very, very bad in this business if you're ever to be good. Only if you stand ready to make mistakes today can you hope to move ahead tomorrow."

Dwight V. Swain, author of Techniques of the Selling Writer.

+1

Dark Lilac is hands down my favorite Safari. It is the only one of several so-called "limited edition" Safari I own that would make me truly sad if I lost it.

Do you just care for the pen only or the whole shebang? :)

Dark Lilac seems to be when Lamy started widening their accoutrements... when the Safari appeared downunder they sold it pen & ink in a giftbox set... the first batch came with Dark Lilac ink, then later it changed to Black T50.

Few months later they made a special purple paper box just for the pen.

Later I see they've also made a purple pencilcase for Dark Lilac.

Many of which haven't been given out to a Dark a Lilac pen buyers because the pens kept selling out without buyers asking/knowing of the freebies... ;)

Since then Lamy has moved on to Three colours per last year's Safari macaron trio. (meh, no thanks)

2020 we'll be seeing other items like Lamy notebooks in the LE colour/s too.

Why giveaway freebies when you can charge rabid fans good money :)

• 2 weeks later...

Lol. Seems this whole circus returns every year. And why not.

But I very much doubt if Lamy is influenced by this.

No doubt they have their own sources for testing the grounds.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~