• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• christof

• jchch1950

• Uffuffa

I'd love for them to resurrect French Blue....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I hope it is a color nothing like the last 5 years. Ruth’s suggestion would be fine, or a medium shade of purple, a cafe au lait color, a true green.

Posted Image

You know this for certain? Because violet might be nice.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I wonder if it might be textured green due to the recent ballpoint released in Korea under the Starbucks name. Perhaps they might follow with a standard issue of the same colour in the four pen types.

I wonder if it might be textured green due to the recent ballpoint released in Korea under the Starbucks name. Perhaps they might follow with a standard issue of the same colour in the four pen types.

Do you have a photograph?

Sure - see attached. This is just supposition; Ive no idea of course what will actually be released, but I do know that there has been a history of Lamy releasing limited/special editions in various countries before later releasing the occasional one on the usual international market. Hence I predict this kind of green textured for 2020....maybe.... This is just a stock photo but I do have one of the pens myself so can photograph it properly to post out later if interested.

post-51331-0-40474600-1575636669_thumb.jpeg

Sure - see attached. This is just supposition; Ive no idea of course what will actually be released, but I do know that there has been a history of Lamy releasing limited/special editions in various countries before later releasing the occasional one on the usual international market. Hence I predict this kind of green textured for 2020....maybe.... This is just a stock photo but I do have one of the pens myself so can photograph it properly to post out later if interested.

Thank you for the photo.

Ugh personally I think that color looks bad.

I don't know what they'll come up with next year, there is no definitive patterns based on their releases in the last few years.

Expecting a navy blue / darker blue.

From the time I bought my first Safari in 2012, all I wanted was a purple Safari. I got that with the release of the Dark Lilac model (2016, I think). None released since have appealed. In fact, I'm not even sure why I purchased the coral Safari. I've never even bothered inking it.

I recently bought my first brown ink but have no Safari to use it in. So, my first choice would be a nice chocolate brown, textured, with black hardware.

"You have to be willing to be very, very bad in this business if you're ever to be good. Only if you stand ready to make mistakes today can you hope to move ahead tomorrow."

Dwight V. Swain, author of Techniques of the Selling Writer.

So, my first choice would be a nice chocolate brown, textured, with black hardware.

Your wish is granted... LINEFRIENDS X SAFARI :)

bg_spot.jpg

Definitely interested!

...as already mentioned, I expect something really special for the 40. anniversary.

C

Hi Christof - Im afraid my photo will be no comparison to your wonderful shots, but this will hopefully give you all an idea of the shade of textured green from Korea. Ive pulled out a few other greens for comparison as well as a Savanna fountain and ballpoint too. Hope the different shades help the interpretation of the colour. The background is a true white A4 sheet of printing paper.

post-51331-0-21414200-1575934549_thumb.jpeg

Oooh, I like the Line Friends pen! Not only is it chocolate brown but it has a teddy bear. I love teddy bears!

But that pen won't be mine. It's going for $100 on eBay and I'm not willing to pay that much for a $30 pen and a few toys.

"You have to be willing to be very, very bad in this business if you're ever to be good. Only if you stand ready to make mistakes today can you hope to move ahead tomorrow."

Dwight V. Swain, author of Techniques of the Selling Writer.

Oooh, I like the Line Friends pen! Not only is it chocolate brown but it has a teddy bear. I love teddy bears!

But that pen won't be mine. It's going for $100 on eBay and I'm not willing to pay that much for a $30 pen and a few toys.

That's been my problem with the French Blue Safaris. Love the color, and the red clip -- but not enough to pay those prices. Not when I've paid less money apiece for nearly all my Parker 51s; and once or twice I've found vintage ones in the wild for less money than a Safari normally costs.