The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Safari Colours For 2020

lamy safari new colours.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 jchch1950

jchch1950

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 14:20

Any idea about the new colour (colours) that will available next year in the Lamy Safari line? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Content

#2 christof

christof

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 20:29

hopefully something really cool. 2020 will be the 40th aniversary of the Safari!

. . . my current S A L E S . . .

fpn_1501079397__18762338330_19cf666a48_o

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2019 - 00:27

I'd love for them to resurrect French Blue....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• 2,147 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:46

I hope it is a color nothing like the last 5 years. Ruth’s suggestion would be fine, or a medium shade of purple, a cafe au lait color, a true green.
Posted Image

#5 mixink

mixink

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:12

A Terracotta and Savannah would be appropriate

#6 ljz

ljz

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 14:39

A trio again.

Colours are violet, mango and aquamarine.

#7 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 17,162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:14

You know this for certain?  Because violet might be nice.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#8 Uffuffa

Uffuffa

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2019 - 09:27

I wonder if it might be textured green due to the recent ballpoint released in Korea under the Starbucks name. Perhaps they might follow with a standard issue of the same colour in the four pen types.

#9 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibulous

• Member - Gold

• 2,237 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:02

Puce?

"Want little. Need less. Love more."

#10 jchch1950

jchch1950

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:45

I wonder if it might be textured green due to the recent ballpoint released in Korea under the Starbucks name. Perhaps they might follow with a standard issue of the same colour in the four pen types.

Do you have a photograph?

#11 Uffuffa

Uffuffa

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:51

Sure - see attached. This is just supposition; Ive no idea of course what will actually be released, but I do know that there has been a history of Lamy releasing limited/special editions in various countries before later releasing the occasional one on the usual international market. Hence I predict this kind of green textured for 2020....maybe.... This is just a stock photo but I do have one of the pens myself so can photograph it properly to post out later if interested.

Attached Images

• CEA7672E-C938-4978-928D-11D71174A872.jpeg

#12 christof

christof

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,514 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 13:18

Definitely interested!

...as already mentioned, I expect something really special for the 40. anniversary.

C

#13 jchch1950

jchch1950

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 06:47

Sure - see attached. This is just supposition; Ive no idea of course what will actually be released, but I do know that there has been a history of Lamy releasing limited/special editions in various countries before later releasing the occasional one on the usual international market. Hence I predict this kind of green textured for 2020....maybe.... This is just a stock photo but I do have one of the pens myself so can photograph it properly to post out later if interested.

Thank you for the photo.

#14 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2019 - 13:35

Ugh personally I think that color looks bad.

I don't know what they'll come up with next year, there is no definitive patterns based on their releases in the last few years.

Expecting a navy blue / darker blue.

#15 melissa59

melissa59

Lots to Learn

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 00:32

From the time I bought my first Safari in 2012, all I wanted was a purple Safari. I got that with the release of the Dark Lilac model (2016, I think). None released since have appealed. In fact, I'm not even sure why I purchased the coral Safari. I've never even bothered inking it.

I recently bought my first brown ink but have no Safari to use it in. So, my first choice would be a nice chocolate brown, textured, with black hardware.

"You have to be willing to be very, very bad in this business if you're ever to be good. Only if you stand ready to make mistakes today can you hope to move ahead tomorrow."
Dwight V. Swain, author of Techniques of the Selling Writer.

#16 tamiya

tamiya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:34

So, my first choice would be a nice chocolate brown, textured, with black hardware.

Your wish is granted... LINEFRIENDS X SAFARI :)

bg_spot.jpg

#17 Uffuffa

Uffuffa

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2019 - 23:37

Definitely interested!

...as already mentioned, I expect something really special for the 40. anniversary.

C

Hi Christof - Im afraid my photo will be no comparison to your wonderful shots, but this will hopefully give you all an idea of the shade of textured green from Korea. Ive pulled out a few other greens for comparison as well as a Savanna fountain and ballpoint too. Hope the different shades help the interpretation of the colour. The background is a true white A4 sheet of printing paper.

Attached Images

• FC6284F7-9057-4895-871B-7CBD4300FB54.jpeg

#18 christof

christof

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,514 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 04:59

Thank you for taking the picture. I like this dark green a lot.
...there is no FP in that color, right?
C.

#19 melissa59

melissa59

Lots to Learn

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:29

Oooh, I like the Line Friends pen! Not only is it chocolate brown but it has a teddy bear. I love teddy bears!

But that pen won't be mine. It's going for $100 on eBay and I'm not willing to pay that much for a $30 pen and a few toys.

"You have to be willing to be very, very bad in this business if you're ever to be good. Only if you stand ready to make mistakes today can you hope to move ahead tomorrow."
Dwight V. Swain, author of Techniques of the Selling Writer.

#20 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 17,162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 20:22

Oooh, I like the Line Friends pen! Not only is it chocolate brown but it has a teddy bear. I love teddy bears!

But that pen won't be mine. It's going for $100 on eBay and I'm not willing to pay that much for a $30 pen and a few toys.

That's been my problem with the French Blue Safaris.  Love the color, and the red clip -- but not enough to pay those prices.  Not when I've paid less money apiece for nearly all my Parker 51s; and once or twice I've found vintage ones in the wild for less money than a Safari normally costs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, safari new colours.

Sponsored Content

|