The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Osmiroid 75 Repair Question

pen repair osmiroid 75 piston filler

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sesheta

Sesheta

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 14:45

Hi everyone.

I just received a burgundy Osmiroid 75 from Ebay but the pen has a problem. It seems that it was disassembled for cleaning prior to sale and now the whole pen comes apart easily. The see through window between the barrel and the section is off set so the cap doesn't sit right and it won't screw on (might have been forced but the threads don't look damaged). The piston itself just lifts out, even the end of the barrel detaches easily. 

I've renovated several Esterbrooks so I'm not worried about the disassembling bit it's the fact nothing stays together securely now. Obviously as it is I can't put ink into it and the seller has refunded the purchase price but if there's a way of fixing it I'd love to have a go as it's a very handsome pen and apart from the whole falling apartness of it, the pen seems to be in very good nick.

Sponsored Content

#2 eachan

eachan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 19:34

Unlike 65s, 75s are hard  - nearly impossible - to disassemble without damage.  Perhaps you might glue it back together but I don't think there is any cure for the non-fitting cap.  On the positive side, they appear in eBay very frequently and you might reinvest your money in another.  They're usually in working condition without disassembly which, as you now know, is best avoided.

Regards,

Eachan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pen repair, osmiroid 75, piston filler

Sponsored Content

|