The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Conway Stewart 100 (Vintage) Diy Service Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aurore

aurore

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 18:26

How to replace a sac in CS 100? Any tips beside the classic routine like heating?
Is the section screw-on?

Edited by aurore, 29 November 2019 - 18:27.

Sponsored Content

#2 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 20:25

I would say that when in doubt, always assume it's a screw-on and twist after heating. Some can be really stubborn and you need a lot of patience and repeated heating to loosen it up. I had a horribly stubborn one that I started having doubt that maybe it was super-glued in by previous owner? But in the end it gave in. Patience patience and gentle. You can use a thick rubber pad (or two) to help get a better grip, or even using a pen plier (always padded by rubber), but be careful not too quick and abrupt. You can crack the barrel. Good luck!

Edited by como, 29 November 2019 - 20:26.

#3 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 13:09

How to replace a sac in CS 100? Any tips beside the classic routine like heating?
Is the section screw-on?

It should not be a screw in, and the servicing is exactly the same as for most of the 1950 CS models.

Of course this is one of the most expensive models of that period, so probably not the best to be learning on.

#4 aurore

aurore

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 17:17

Thank you guys. Meanwhile I contacted the previous owner who replaced the sac, he says he did not glue the section to the barrel. So hopefully it shall be fine.

Sponsored Content

|