Launched Today The Taj Mahal Collection In India At The Vicinity Of The Taj Mahal

Bhakt

Please meet the newest member in Montblanc High Artistry: A Celebration of the Taj Mahal collection. These breathtaking writing instruments invite us into the magnificent realms of ancient India and pay tribute to the rich artistic traditions of the Mughal dynasty. In total there are six different pieces: Three limited to one single edition, and then a Limited Edition 5, 10 and 76. While materials and gemstones may be different from one edition to the next, each one features a slightly curved shape inspired by a traditional Mughal dagger, an insignia of power. The cap top is reminiscent of the dome of the Taj Mahal, built during the Golden Age of the Mughals. While the edition does not feature a clip, a peacock feather adorns the front of the writing instrument. Check out the full collection of these true pieces of art.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FredRydr

• Tom Kellie

• Lloyd

• Bhakt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

~ Bhakt:

What a colorful surprise!

Thank you for posting this information with images.

That's especially nice of you to do that so that all might admire the artistry and craftsmanship.

Fountain pens without clips — that's not something I often see.

The Montblanc introductory event near the Taj Mahal must've been magnificent.

I like the colors and the vibrant patterns.

Tom K.

I didn't know what to expect when I read your text, but then I saw the pictures. Wow! Those are quite some striking designs. Not exactly my personal taste and not likely to appear in my collection, but certainly striking in their beauty and the way it carries out the theme.

I'm going to disagree. These don't say "Taj Mahal" to me so much as "MB once again takes tacky bling to a new level...." :sick: And that they are trying to compete with Montegrappa and NOT in a good way....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Subtle. Didn't Franz Kafka use a pen like that?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

These are firmly in the realm of jewelry and display cases, also possibly handling as a work of art but probably in low-lint cloth gloves...

I like the top red model; the rest are much too over-the-top.

Edited by Intensity

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

These pens remind me more of Indian jewelry design, especially that of the pre-British Raj era, than anything having to do with Taj Mahal's architecture.

They're too gaudy for my personal taste, but very nice looking work as jewelry.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

These pens remind me more of Indian jewelry design, especially that of the pre-British Raj era, than anything having to do with Taj Mahal's architecture.

They're too gaudy for my personal taste, but very nice looking work as jewelry.

If they were made as ringtop pens with a nice necklace, I could see these as lovely functional pendants.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Subtle and understated. Sure to pass unnoticed when carried into Costco or signing a receipt at Walmart. Could be a standout at Harry Winston, Tiffany or Cartier though.

Subtle and understated. Sure to pass unnoticed when carried into Costco or signing a receipt at Walmart. Could be a standout at Harry Winston, Tiffany or Cartier though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hideous. Ostentatious. Vulgar. And rather impractical. I suppose someone in Beverly Hills or Dubai will actually take it home.

Hideous. Ostentatious. Vulgar. And rather impractical. I suppose someone in Beverly Hills or Dubai will actually take it home.

Are you saying that we folks out here in Dubai have vulgar or ostentatious taste?

What does Dubai or Beverly Hills have to do with this sir ?

~ If any FPN member, whether in India or elsewhere, ever has the good fortune to handle one of this exquisite creations, I'd be very interested to know how they feel.

Are they heavy, in the sense with the gemstones, does that appreciably increase the feeling of weightiness?

Are they more or less medium-sized overall?

Any first-hand impressions would be most welcome.

If they're ever displayed in leading flagship boutiques, e.g. Dubai, Tokyo and the like, perhaps there will be an opportunity to enjoy a close look.

Tom K.

Edited by Tom Kellie

...tacky bling....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Yes, terrible!

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Are you saying that we folks out here in Dubai have vulgar or ostentatious taste?

Apologies. Not all "we folks" of either Beverly Hills or Dubai. It's just that those places are renown for plentitudes of freely-spent cash on ostentatious luxury goods. I expect someone with vulgar or ostentatious taste from New York, Johannesburg or Singapore will take one home, too. Maybe even from Harrisburg! (But I doubt it.)

Edited by FredRydr

Agreed and +1, the polar opposite of all I hold dear.