Fountain Pen Revolution Release A ‘Himalaya V2’

Jamerelbe

Yep - and only realised that once I had eyedroppered it (the cartridge converter doesn't screw tight enough and leaks ink inside the barrel). But it was easy to take the feed and nib out and rotate them to fit the section, and, for now at least, it doesn't drip. I spoke too fast. It drips, massively. So I'll try your advice and heatset the section with boiling water , fingers crossed but I can't carry that amount of ink in a pen that does that to me !

Maybe I've misunderstood something in this thread but just to say that I've put Noodler's flex and Omniflex (arrgh) nib in the Himalaya V2 (acrylic) with no problem. Had the Omniflex been less scratchy and, well, horrible, it would have been great. The feed on the Himalaya V2 is just pure magic.

I'll still make sure I carry this eyedropper nib up at all times...

As a side note - the tine eyedropper that came for free with the Him V2 is lovely to write with (was hoping I could swap the nibs with the Kaweco but no)

I wish you all the best with re-heat-setting the grip section - I found I could (and needed to) use scalding hot water for maximum effect.

I had some problems with the piston filler / converter mechanism leaking too, at least at first. It was readily resolved, though, by unscrewing it and applying some silicone grease to the threads.

The Muft pens are generally quite nice to write with. My only complaint with them (as with a lot of cheap eyedropper pens) is that the lid is not really airtight, so over time the ink in the reservoir will slowly evaporate. Best not to leave the pen lying around for too long...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamerelbe

• Intensity

• Honeybadgers

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well I've tried heatsetting the section - plunged it for 30 seconds at a time in boiling water then pressed around however I could. Burnt myself in the process (well not really but almost), and it doesn't seem to make a difference. A bit annoyed with so much ink spilled so I've followed your advice and put silicone grease on the converter threads. So far it seems to hold, I hope it works.

I'd already become attached to the idea of such a big eyedropper though !

Good to hear it's holding! I heat the section up, then forced the nib and feed deep into the grip section, in the orientation I wanted, and found that worked for me without needing to pole around. Hope it's all OK for you now - when it's set up right, it's one of my favourite pens!

[Just received two Jaipur V2s a week ago, and think I might like them even better g but that's another story...]

• 2 years later...

I am briefly reviving this thread to share my impressions of two FPR #6 nibs: the “EF ultra flex” (which I am using in a Noodler’s Ahab) and the 14K “flex”.

71E4A5DE-6584-4C4B-8F3A-BA088724BDBD.thumb.jpeg.031980160031f2a3873bef4cf68c5409.jpegF345B9E0-509F-4177-A29E-048A7A64ED95.thumb.jpeg.17201530efa06b725eff2a9cc867eda1.jpeg1C5E00C1-61E4-40BA-A7DD-5784ECD7E561.thumb.jpeg.db1ffdd6b4aca85f433c6e1131e6c516.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

The FPR 14K flex nibs often have too much pressure of the tines against each other when you receive it.  You have to gently lift up each side of the nib in turn, until the tip "just touches" with minimal closing pressure.  This manual adjustment has to be done prior to mounting the nib, and preferably with the aid of a loupe to be sure that the tines are even with each other.  Once done, you will find that the flex nib does indeed flex with a little pressure (safely up to 2 mm width), and snaps back quickly.  It is the closest thing to vintage flex that I have found in a modern gold nib.