• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• thx1138

• pajaro

• TSherbs

I have a weak spot for the Carene’. Have never seen the Green, Blue and Ivory that you show. I love the Ivory. Didn’t realize they had so many colors. Just picked up a Forest Green Carene with gold cap and a Forest green Charleston With gold furnature, Both my two favorite pen fetish’s.

Thanks for showing your pens Force. As for the leather wrapped. I can ‘t keep the leather wrapping on my tennis Raguet, I’m sure that i would destroy a leather wrapped pen. Pretty though.

I have a weak spot for the Carene’. Have never seen the Green, Blue and Ivory that you show. I love the Ivory. Didn’t realize they had so many colors. Just picked up a Forest Green Carene with gold cap and a Forest green Charleston With gold furnature, Both my two favorite pen fetish’s.

Thanks for showing your pens Force. As for the leather wrapped. I can ‘t keep the leather wrapping on my tennis Raguet, I’m sure that i would destroy a leather wrapped pen. Pretty though.

The 4 colours were not Waterman issue, they are pens that I have refinished using Humbrol model paints.

The 4 colours were not Waterman issue, they are pens that I have refinished using Humbrol model paints.

You could have told me first up.

I have been hunting around fleabay for matching colours. Now I know I just have to get the box of humbrol model paints out of the shed. Although maybe a careen in German Overall Sand may not look as good as your examples. Maybe one in khaki drab or khaki drill would do.

Vieleicht feldgrau. Or Irish Green.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love my amber carene, a very underrated fountain pen. Picked it up on Amazon for a smooth $125, and I prefer it over much more expensive and gawdy pens.

Amber Marine is the color that got me to buy a Carene. I mostly like to look at it, and I bought a ballpoint that I mostly look at as well. Sometimes I write with them. Weight seems to be the main deterrent to mo frequent use. Amber Marine is a stunning color.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Marine Amber is the most popular and longest running (since 1997/8) of the colours.

I picked up a new, unused, MA yesterday with EF nib for £45. I rarely buy less than Fine size but for the money it was a no brainer.