The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pre-Pre Turkey Pen Posse

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tenney

tenney

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:11

I've missed a few weeks, so... since anyone can "call for a posse" and I'm an "anyone"...

Pen Posse:

Sunday Nov. 17th

1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe

10 El Camino Real, Millbrae, CA 94030

Would someone please pass this on the FB group. Thanks.

--
Glenn (love those pen posses)

Sponsored Content

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:31

FB sees it here but it’s going to be crickets if there isn’t and announcement on Facebook
San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 23-24-25, 2019 AND August 28-29-30, 2020. Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#3 Jerome Tarshis

Jerome Tarshis

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,752 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:13

Crickets? Did you mean armadillos? I don't pretend to understand the zoological aspect of Pen Posse communication.

On the other hand, I think that to support the anyone-can-call-a-Pen-Posse principle I'll plan to show up. Whether some public-spirited Facebook user will repost this to FB remains to be seen. One of the ideas Ethernautrix put forward is that you have to be prepared for the possibility that nobody else will show up.

If the word spreads, let me add as a request that I'd like to try the relatively new Moonman #6 fine nib, used in the M600S and in several earlier Moonman pens, IIRC. I hope something magical happens, we have a full house, and someone offers me a Moonman to try. I am too old not to believe in magic, disenchanted as I was at the age of twelve.

#4 AltecGreen

AltecGreen

Pen Snob

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:28

One was already called for the 17th.  It is the Pokemon Edition. 

2020 San Francisco Pen Show        
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

#5 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

• Member - Gold

• 10,199 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:41

One was already called for the 17th.  It is the Pokemon Edition. 

So you are saying we need to choose which one we attend?

San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 23-24-25, 2019 AND August 28-29-30, 2020. Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#6 Jerome Tarshis

Jerome Tarshis

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,752 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:21

Arf arf. Bow wow. On the Internet nobody needs to know which edition you are attending.

#7 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

• Member - Gold

• 10,199 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 14:42

Even if I don’t tell them where I go they find me. Some times I mess with them just for fun so they have something to report.

#8 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• 11,939 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 15:41

Arf arf. Bow wow. On the Internet nobody needs to know which edition you are attending.

*Smiling broadly*

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

#9 tenney

tenney

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,810 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:06

So, not seeing any notice of a posse last weekend, the 8th, I just showed up at 
Peter’s. Ended up watching a coup log good BBC mysteries by myself... the next day or two, though, I heard y’all were in Emeryville instead.

Sure would be nice to let us know other than on FB.

--

#10 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

• Member - Gold

• 10,199 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:38

So, not seeing any notice of a posse last weekend, the 8th, I just showed up at 
Peter’s. Ended up watching a coup log good BBC mysteries by myself... the next day or two, though, I heard y’all were in Emeryville instead.

Sure would be nice to let us know other than on FB.

How did you find out they posted a notice on FB?

My experience was quite different.  I went to Peter's this week and was greeted by a nice crowd.  I was booed for being tardy but I got over it quickly.

NOTE: I gambled as I didn't see any posting!

Edited by FarmBoy, 17 December 2019 - 05:38.

#11 tenney

tenney

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,810 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:23

How did you find out they posted a notice on FB?

My experience was quite different.  I went to Peter's this week and was greeted by a nice crowd.  I was booed for being tardy but I got over it quickly.

A friend PM’ed to tell me y’all were in Emeryville.

Glad you got lucky last Sunday. After being alone, I just felt that debugging a new computer made more sense than driving to eat by myself.

you *really* didn’t know folks were going to be there?

any guess for pre-Xmas Sunday?

--

Sponsored Content

|