The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Has The M815 Metal Stripe Been Discontinued?

pelikan m815 se

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rdugar

rdugar

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:13

I just bought one online. Noticed that not too many have it in stock. A couple of retailers did not carry it any more, and I could only find an EF nib at appelboom.

Is it that it's not a very popular model, or Pelikan not making them any more? Just curious

Sponsored Content

#2 langere

langere

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:33

I just saw it in the latest Fahrney's catalogue...

Erick

Currently in Rotation: 

Moonman 600 "F" nib running Waterman South Sea Blue

Cross "Year of the Dog" Special Edition "M" nib running Visconti Black

Pelikan M205 Star Ruby "F" nib running Noodler's Black Swans in Australian Roses

#3 Gobblecup

Gobblecup

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:55

It was a special edition which is not going to be continually produced as is my understanding.
Gobblecup ~

#4 Twister292

Twister292

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 19:35

To my understanding, it is a "limited time production" rather than a limited numbered model. Most retailers are out of stock, Appelboom cleared them out for a very low price recently, they still have an EF left for EUR500. Australian retailers have also mostly removed the 815 from the sites, so my guess is whatever stock is around is floating about, but new stock isn't being made.

#5 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:59

As a special edition, the run was limited. Once stock is exhausted, you wont find them around as easily.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, m815, se

Sponsored Content

|