The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

King Of Pen Section Swap?

sailor king of pen swap section nib

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JonnyTex

JonnyTex

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 19:52

I have an ebonite King of Pen I love. Anybody know if I could swap its section (the section, itself, is plastic) with a Pro Gear King of Pen? I'm thinking if I were to get another King of Pen down the road, I would probably want a Pro Gear since the ebonite model looks just about like the 1911 KOP.

It seems logical to me that all the KOP sections would be identical (except for color, etc.)

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,832 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 20:12

So do you want to know if you can unscrew your section and nib from the ebonite and screw it into a KOP Pro Gear body? Yes you should.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#3 JonnyTex

JonnyTex

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2019 - 20:50

So do you want to know if you can unscrew your section and nib from the ebonite and screw it into a KOP Pro Gear body? Yes you should.

Yep. that's exactly what I want to know. I kind of figured I could. Can anyone confirm for sure? Has anyone given it a try?

#4 freakman

freakman

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:00

They're completely identical.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, king of pen, swap, section, nib

Sponsored Content

|