The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Moonman Just Launch The M2 Christmas Snowflake Fountain Pen

moonman m2 fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pensuplier

pensuplier

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:40

Anyone has experience in using this pen?

Attached Images

• 09.JPG
  • DSC03150.JPG

Chinese Pens Supplier

Sponsored Content

#2 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:50

It's cute, but I'd like to see some more variety in acrylics on the M2 over that.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#3 Stompie

Stompie

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:11

I have one but no snowflakes just plain.

It is a nice writer and of course, holds a lot of ink.

I do most of my writing with dip nibs but whenever I pick up the Moonman, it starts right away. Quite surprised by that as I even have a shimmer ink in it. I was recently away for a month and yet it still started straight away. I am considering getting a couple more of them because of the reliability and consistency.

#4 gailfus

gailfus

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:11

I LOVE my M2 (rose gold), but this makes me wish I’d waited until the snowflake came out. I may have to get a second one! So CUTE!

#5 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• 2,066 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:12

I saw that version when I was trying to choose which eBay seller to buy a Moonman M2 from. The snowflake version is an attractive pen.

My Moonman M2 arrived today. Somehow I did not notice it came with a gift of a 1.1mm stub nib. I was so happy to see it, and have already swapped the F gold tone nib. My plan was to fill it with (new) Sheaffer Skrip Red. Has anyone used shimmering inks in a Moonman M2?

I went to eBay to take another look at Snowflake, and saw a C1 with reindeer, Trees, and snowflakes. Wow!

Edited by Misfit, 27 November 2019 - 03:16.

Posted Image

#6 Stompie

Stompie

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,364 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2019 - 13:54

Has anyone used shimmering inks in a Moonman M2?

I'm just quoting from my response to the original post "Quite surprised by that as I even have a shimmer ink in it."  :D 

#7 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,937 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2019 - 15:42

I like the snowflake design, but not that it's otherwise just a demonstrator pen.  If they had done the snowflake design on a solid color pen, I'd maybe be tempted.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#8 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• 2,066 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 23:30

I'm just quoting from my response to the original post "Quite surprised by that as I even have a shimmer ink in it."  :D 

I did see you used a shimmer ink after I posted. Has your pen run out of ink yet? I’m curious how easy it is to clean.
Posted Image

#9 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,783 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:59

This looks dumb to me. Winter/Christmas kitsch annoys me.

#10 Stompie

Stompie

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,364 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:41

I did see you used a shimmer ink after I posted. Has your pen run out of ink yet? I’m curious how easy it is to clean.

It has Diamine Lilac Satin in it. I have filled it 3 times already but not cleaned it. It still works perfectly although, to get the glitter/sheen I have to shake it a little every now and then. 

I have not found that it needs a clean yet so I couldn't tell you if it is easy or not, sorry.

I just enjoy the pen and with that ink in it looks great!

#11 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,895 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:09

My M2 has an 18k waterman nib in it. It's a great pen in general. 

I don't love shimmer inks in eyedroppers though. They can hold so much ink that they can be prone to clogging.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moonman, m2 fountain pen

Sponsored Content

|