The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Neil Gaiman Interview On Youtube. Worth Your Time.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NewPenMan

NewPenMan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:27

I stumbled across this today, haven’t yet watched it all.

Neil is known in FP circles for using Fountain Pens, notably the Pilot 823 - for both his writing and his signings. In this Tim Ferris interview (1’ 37”), Neil talks about why he likes to use fountain pens. Some of his answers are the same as those any of us here would give, but he also talks about how fountain pen use has shaped his writing.

I’d watch a Neil Gaiman interview just to hear him speak about his work, but this fountain pen bit in the Ferris interview...more than worth the time to hear one of Earth’s greatest writers talk about Earth’s greatest writing tool.

Neil Gaiman Interview on YouTube

Franklin-Christoph Stabilis 66 and Pocket 40: both with Matsuyama CI | Karas Kustoms Aluminum, Daniel Smith CI | Italix Parson's Essential and Freshman's Notator | Pilot Prera | Pilot Metropolitan | Lamy Safari, 1.1mm italic | Muji "Round Aluminum Pen" | Waterman Phileas | Noodler's Konrad | Nemosine Singularity 0.6mm stub | ASA Nauka, acrylic and ebonite | Gama Hawk | Wality Airmail | Noodlers Ahab | TWSBI GO | Noodlers Charlie | Pilot Plumix |

Sponsored Content

#2 IThinkIHaveAProblem

IThinkIHaveAProblem

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:22

Thank you for posting the link
Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

#3 Arcadian

Arcadian

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2019 - 16:23

I love that interview! Ferriss is a bit of a fanboy :)

- P.

#4 toymachine

toymachine

Near Mint

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:29

Worth checking out this link Neil Gaiman retweeted recently about his fountain pens.

#5 NewPenMan

NewPenMan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:47

toymachine

so excellent thank you for posting.

though we are writers in our own rite, not trying to *be* our heroes, it helps me greatly to know that one i admire could be using the same tools i use to craft my stories

700000 signatures is a LOT of signing!!

Edited by NewPenMan, 13 November 2019 - 02:48.

Franklin-Christoph Stabilis 66 and Pocket 40: both with Matsuyama CI | Karas Kustoms Aluminum, Daniel Smith CI | Italix Parson's Essential and Freshman's Notator | Pilot Prera | Pilot Metropolitan | Lamy Safari, 1.1mm italic | Muji "Round Aluminum Pen" | Waterman Phileas | Noodler's Konrad | Nemosine Singularity 0.6mm stub | ASA Nauka, acrylic and ebonite | Gama Hawk | Wality Airmail | Noodlers Ahab | TWSBI GO | Noodlers Charlie | Pilot Plumix |

Sponsored Content

|