Wing Sung 3007 Candy

sciumbasci

Hey all,

Just saw that the 3007 now comes in candy colours - a clone of Kaweco Sport Frosted - and the photos show it with converter

s-l400.jpg

Anyone knows if the Kaweco clip fits? Are those converter any good, or are they bad as Wing Sung's 626?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sciumbasci

• Sailor Kenshin

• Mech-for-i

• pomps

I had no idea if the converter work or not work .. but having plenty of these push / pull converter I generally find them working OK , OK is how I would say it, its easier to operate a turning knob than trying to fiddle with the little push / pull tab .. but sometime especially with some vintage pens , its all that would fit.

BTW, its about time I guess to yet again update the Wing Sung naming again , Wing Sung is a brand and its owned by Hero ; in that its actually used by multiple corp owned subsidiaries, and then the name is licensed to many and they made Wing Sung pens ..

• 6XX series , Licensed to Shanghai JL, thus all the 698, 699, 626 etc etc ...
  • 0XX series , Licensed to Jinhao, thus he model 016, 017 ....
  • 3XXX series , Licensed to Palai via WSE ( Wing Sung Education ), thus the said pen and all the 3XXX models
  • 9XXX series , WSE dealer market , OEM production ( various Mfr , independent batch licensed )

so the stated 3007 actually bear no ( Mfr side ) relation to the 626 or any of its peers as you can see, while the share the brand , they are designed, manufactured, and marketed by 2 separate concerns

Ah my bad, I had totally forgotten about the multiple licenses regarding Wing Sung

I presume the convert is just like Parker's slide converter, then.

Still curious if the Kaweco clip fits though.

Hey all,

Just saw that the 3007 now comes in candy colours - a clone of Kaweco Sport Frosted - and the photos show it with converter

s-l400.jpg

Anyone knows if the Kaweco clip fits? Are those converter any good, or are they bad as Wing Sung's 626?

Oooo, colors! Prettttyyyyy!

I have the regular silvery frosty WS 3007. Very nice little writers! But the converter holds about three drops of ink.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I had no idea if the converter work or not work .. but having plenty of these push / pull converter I generally find them working OK , OK is how I would say it, its easier to operate a turning knob than trying to fiddle with the little push / pull tab .. but sometime especially with some vintage pens , its all that would fit.

BTW, its about time I guess to yet again update the Wing Sung naming again , Wing Sung is a brand and its owned by Hero ; in that its actually used by multiple corp owned subsidiaries, and then the name is licensed to many and they made Wing Sung pens ..

• 6XX series , Licensed to Shanghai JL, thus all the 698, 699, 626 etc etc ...
  • 0XX series , Licensed to Jinhao, thus he model 016, 017 ....
  • 3XXX series , Licensed to Palai via WSE ( Wing Sung Education ), thus the said pen and all the 3XXX models
  • 9XXX series , WSE dealer market , OEM production ( various Mfr , independent batch licensed )

so the stated 3007 actually bear no ( Mfr side ) relation to the 626 or any of its peers as you can see, while the share the brand , they are designed, manufactured, and marketed by 2 separate concerns

Did you mean 3xxx series were licensed to Paili?

Oooo, colors! Prettttyyyyy!

I have the regular silvery frosty WS 3007. Very nice little writers! But the converter holds about three drops of ink.

Have you ever tried to fit a Kaweco clip in yours?

Hey all,

s-l400.jpg

Can't tell you about the converters, but the Kaweco clip fits on my older transparent 3007 - diameter seems to be identical:

fpn_1573086229__kaweco_wing_sung_clips.j

Edited by Jamerelbe

Thanks Jamerelbe!

Just ordered some off the bay, now starts the waiting game. They'll be here around Christmas time.

• 2 weeks later...