Want A Vac Filling Replacement For My Twsbi Vac Mini

eharriett

Title says it all. Id given it several months thought, and having had to pay to replace three parts on my TWSBI Im giving up. Will probably pay to replace the gasket and then sell it.

The thing that made that pen most useful to me in addition to the vac mechanism was the air shut off valve on the pen. It made it a safe airline travel pen. Could someone recommend an equivalent pen, possibly of Better build quality?

I know the penbbs 456 is a vac filling pen. Does it have the same air shutoff? Is that unique to twsbi? How is their build quality? Any other options?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eharriett

• Jamerelbe

• OCArt

• pgomme

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an Opus 88 demonstrator on its way. It's an Eye dropper filler, not a BSc, but has an with shutoff valve. Generally gets good reviews.

Yes the Pen BBS 456 has an ink shut off and so does the very nice Wing Sung 699.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Yes the Pen BBS 456 has an ink shut off and so does the very nice Wing Sung 699.

Ooh! I had not thought of the Wing Sung 699. Looking now.

A seconder for the 699. I just a few minutes ago ordered my fourth, when I discovered mention of a new blue one in the new postings here. It will join the brown and transparent ones I have and use daily, plus the grey/smoke one that's already in the post.

Cheers,

Effrafax.

"It is a well known and much lamented fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it"

Douglas Adams ("The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy - The Original Radio Scripts").

Looked up the 699. Good call, I'm now looking at comparisons between the 699 and the PenBBS 456. One big things in favor of the 699 is the nib will go down to Medium. The PenBBS seems to only be offered in a F or XF.

Second the WS699 , one in my current rotation of EDC , also PenBBS 456 .. and as far as M nib for the 456, PenBBS do sell extra nib unit and they do had option for M, the petite fude F nib , do write like a M as opposed to the round F

Looked up the 699. Good call, I'm now looking at comparisons between the 699 and the PenBBS 456. One big things in favor of the 699 is the nib will go down to Medium. The PenBBS seems to only be offered in a F or XF.

You can get nib charms with the Penbbs medium round nib for $5.00. It is a nib/feed assembly that screws into the 456 very easily. Also, the PenBBS fine nib (like a mini fude) writes more like a fine-medium nib. I love my 456 clear demonstrator. I'm going to get another.

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray