The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler's Tokyo Gift

ink recommendations noodlers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rosendust

Rosendust

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2019 - 17:12

Hey everyone! Hope this post finds you well.

So I was browsing for ink, and came across Nathan's newest ink. However, I have reservations about his inks considering the disaster I had with Bernanke Blue, I have sworn off Noodler's entirely.

Should I give this ink a chance?

Picture of the ink swatch, courtesy from the Goulet's:

https://www.gouletpe...=16902535249963

Thanks everyone! :wub:

Sponsored Content

#2 Mr5x5

Mr5x5

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2019 - 18:28

So I was browsing for ink, and came across Nathan's newest ink. However, I have reservations about his inks considering the disaster I had with Bernanke Blue, I have sworn off Noodler's entirely.

I'm not sure what problem you have had with Noodler's but ask yourself "Am I willing to have a repeat of the previous bad experience?". That will answer your question.  I've heard horror stories about Baystate Blue but my favorite ink is one of his called 5 O'Clock Shadow.

#3 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2019 - 21:43

I don't know if the ink is and/or will be "good" or "bad" but I think the color is repulsive.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#4 FLZapped

FLZapped

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2019 - 23:10

This latest ink appears to be an "ordinary" ink - No fast drying, bulletproof, etc. So I doubt it will behave anything like the Bernanke series which were supposed to be fast absorbancy for lefties.

#5 Freddy

Freddy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,951 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2019 - 00:50

I'm well..Thanks...

Sworn off...Okey Dokey....

Should give a chance. ???

Ink swatch....Nope.....

Your welcome....Hope this was helpful in some way............

Fred

#6 eharriett

eharriett

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2019 - 02:59

I did a review of the ink a couple months ago.  I like it.  It is saturated.  But it won't stain.  Like most Noodlers inks, I wouldn't put it in any of my sac pens, but otherwise it is safe for just about anything you will want it in. 

Here's the link to my review:

http://www.fountainp...hl=+tokyo +gift

And if you want another, here's someone else's review.

http://www.fountainp...hl=+tokyo +gift

#7 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,915 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2019 - 17:49

I just picked up a bottle of this at the Ohio Pen Show over the weekend, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Like eharriett said, I wouldn't put it in a pen that I thought there'd be a problem with the ink, like a vintage sac pen.  But a modern c/c or piston filler?  No problem.  I've even put some Noodler's inks in a Parker 51 Aerometric (after all -- those were originally designed to use Superchrome ink, which I gather is WAY more noxious than ANY Noodler's ink).  I do limit the use of BSB to a dedicated pen, because it can interact badly with other inks -- even other Noodler's non-Bay State Series inks; and because it stains everything and its cousin.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, recommendations, noodlers

Sponsored Content

|