The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Nibs Look Like A Good Deal

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Larry Barrieau

Larry Barrieau

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 October 2019 - 23:18

Yikes..      https://www.ebay.com...2fffc6964|iid:1

To better see my icon     http://fpnlcb.shutterfly.com/pictures

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen.  (It's smaller than an sj)

Sponsored Content

#2 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2019 - 00:11

What the hell is going on with that one on the left?!

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#3 JakobS

JakobS

Far From the Madding Crowd

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2019 - 14:24

Looks like most of the tines on the 1314 were either broken or "clipped" off, and then potentially "smoothed". What remains has a weird rounded, angled aspect to them. A shame, one of rarest renew points, definitely not worth anywhere near the $65 asked for in that condition......

Edited by JakobS, 01 November 2019 - 14:27.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!For Sale: TBA

#4 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,491 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2019 - 17:52

I haven't seen a lot of 1314s . . . nor can I remember any.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#5 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2019 - 02:41

looks like it's a rare flexible stub, but has been badly clipped down and reground

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#6 gweimer1

gweimer1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:58

I have (or had) a 1314 nib.  It was also ground, but very usable.   The 2284 doesn't appear to be bad, but the seller has the BIN way too high.   This looks like someone who doesn't really know the value, so sets a really high BIN in the hopes of flushing out an offer from someone who knows what it's worth.

#7 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 16,833 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:21

I'm with Larry -- "Yikes" is a good description of that price....  Especially since a few years ago I paid just over HALF that amount for a black LJ with a 9284 nib....

This is sort of like the people who were selling the house we bought.  It was originally on the market for way more and had no nibbles from buyers.  So they carved a parcel off (it was an L-shaped parcel originally, and the remaining land for sale was the long part of the L) and put the remaining property back on the market for 100K US less.  And we got it for another 20K below the second price (and for less than we sold our old house in Massachusetts), which meant that we could afford to do some of the immediate necessary repairs (new roof, new kitchen, new wiring and an upgraded service to the house), and work on the 3rd floor bathroom).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#8 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• 12,491 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:38

So, what's the seller going to do, separate them and sell each for $65.99?

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

Sponsored Content

|