International Fountain Pen Day 2019

sandy101

With it being the 1st Friday of November tomorrow - surely it must be International Fountain pen day o'clock. It seems to have crept up on us, unless I've missed a forum post somewhere.

Post any offers you come across here, maybe?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sandy101

• Gloucesterman

• grmbrk

• mamajones

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess most of stores will offer a 10% discount on most of their products or free shipping like last year.

tomorrow is the day to buy.

Unless I am looking in the wrong place, there is no single location/site which one can go to get access to some/many/all of the promotional activities and sales being offered.

For the last several years there was an additional section at the bottom of the "Sponsor" listing that had links and sometimes a brief description of any offers.

From what I can see, this year nothing! It appears that no one is taking advantage of the Fountain Pen Day site for a single point of contact. In fact, some of the sponsors listed have been out of business for several years so I am unsure what purpose the site - https://www.fountainpenday.org/sponsors/ actually serves.

BTW, a while ago I posted a request for more information for deals, sales and such here on FPN. I only received two or three responses with minimal info. Perhaps things will change at midnight and we will all be inundated with slick emails and offers of the latest and greatest what-evers...

As you mentioned the standard offer seems to be 10% off and some with free shipping (usually with a minimum sized order). The interesting thing is that if one waits long enough the 10%/free shipping offers come around several times during the year so there a is limited sense of "urgency" to buy something NOW! One other point of interest is that most of the vendors really do little to differentiate themselves in a way that makes a real difference to the buyers. (Sorry Goulet, a mini Tootsie pop and handwritten note no longer creates an personal attention aura to me. There are a few exceptions like www.Nibsmith.com

(no affiliation) who polishes and smooths every nib they send out. IMO this makes his pens a better value/investment if the prices are even close, which most are.

Oh well, so much for my mini-rant.

Enjoy your day as you "spend away".

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Cult Pens has 10% off most of their fountain pens. TWSBI is excluded from the offer, and a couple of others.

+1 Very good service and free international shipping over £70! From England it takes three days with DHL to the U.S. East Coast. No affiliation.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

I have already received a number of emails today listing Fountain Pen Day deals that might already be in effect.

Retailers outside USA are mostly offering discounts:

LaCouronne du Comte 20% off

Appelboom 19% off

Cult Pens 10% off

Pensachi 7% off

At the moment, USA retailers are mostly offering specials and giveaways:

Fountain Pen Hospital 10% off some items, free shipping on $75 and over

Goldspot discounts on Pelikan M400s, a variety of free gifts

JetPens free Pilot Metropolitan with $125 order

I assume that most of the USA retailers will be sending other offers out late tonight or early tomorrow. It's a good start!

Just got an email from PenChalet advertising their FPDay sale. 10% off, on top of a huge selection in the sale section.

Notable:

Pineider Honeycomb FP ~$360 - 10% off + Free shipping

Visconti Divina Fashion ~$298 - 10% off + Free shipping

Montegrappa Monte-Grappa ~$178 - 10% off + Free shipping

Opus 88 Omar ~80 - 10% off + Free shipping

and many more.

Scriptorium Pens is offering $15 off orders today, or $5 off dip pens

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

The Pen Shop (UK) is offering 15% off Fountain pens.

The Writing Desk (also UK) - 10% off all Lamy

Edited by sandy101

Vanness has a special Franklin Christof for sale made for them for FP day.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

endlesspens has some insane deals right now, caran d'ache 849's for under $40, and a gigantic 37% off their hopdrop pens (including the aurora optima flex for $224 and lamy 2000 stainless for $170 after the discount)

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I got an email from Atlas Stationers in Chicago. Ive been to their store, and have shopped with them online. They have 30% off some Pelikan pens and 40% off some Conklin pens. I looked at the Conklin pens, and pondered an Ice Blue for $39.

But what I really want is the Graduate Hotel Field Notes. Is paper a Fountain Pen Day option? I would think so.

I wish I had bought the Olive Lamy Studio fountain pen when Endless Pens had it in the $40+ range.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image