The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Giveaway: Iron-Gall Ink Sample Set

kwz kwzi platinum classic pif

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,954 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:13

Still waiting to hear whether international shipment by letter post of my ink samples works OK, and @silverlifter has been responsive and in touch (thanks!), but it's just that NZ Post isn't coming to the party and delivering promptly one way or the other.

As far as the sets of Pilot Iroshizuku ink samples go, I think I'll go with something like this:
Set #7: momiji, yu-yake, kiri-same, shin-ryoku, syo-ro, kon-peki, ajisai, shin-kai
Set #8: kosumosu, ina-ho, chiku-rin, tsuki-yo, tsuyu-kusa, yama-budo, tsukushi, take-sumi
Set #9: tsutsuji, fuyu-gaki, ku-jaku, fuyu-syogun, ama-iro, asa-gao, murasaki-shikibu, yama-guri

guided, among other things, by the voting results here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/290775-pilot-iroshizuku-full-line-24-inks/ of which colours are popular. Out of 597 votes in the tally, set #7 has 199, set #8 has 198 and set #9 has 196; and each set has at least one blue ink, one teal ink, one red or magenta ink, one dark ink and two light-coloured inks. That's probably a better idea than to group the ink colours by intensity or by colour family for closer comparison, when most interest expressed by way of votes in the other thread go to the darkest inks (312) and the blue and teal inks (245).

I have fourteen of the twenty Sailor Shikiori ink colours, so maybe that can form two sets of seven:

Set #11: okuyama, rikyucha, miruai, souten, yonaga, shigure, chushu

Set #12: yodaki, kinmokusei, tokiwamatsu, yamadori, shimoyo, nioisumire, doyou

Edited by A Smug Dill, 26 November 2019 - 07:48.

Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. We're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but not necessarily any shared values, and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative or position.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking, we're friends

—'6 Underground' by Sneaker Pimps

Sponsored Content

#22 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,954 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 23:50

@silverlifter has kindly advised me earlier today that the package has been delivered with contents intact and without trouble with NZ Post or Customs. Thanks!
Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. We're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but not necessarily any shared values, and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative or position.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking, we're friends

—'6 Underground' by Sneaker Pimps

#23 silverlifter

silverlifter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 23:42

The first of the samples I have loaded up is Khaki Black:

20191209_123423.jpg

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwz, kwzi, platinum, classic, pif

Sponsored Content

|