I'm giving away a set of (~0.75ml) samples of seven iron-gall inks:
- Platinum Classic Ink Cassis Black
- Platinum Classic Ink Forest Black
- Platinum Classic Ink Khaki Black
- Platinum Classic Ink Lavender Black
- KWZ Ink Aztec Gold IGL
- KWZ Ink IG Green #3
- KWZ Ink IG Turquoise
I intend to send the ink sample set as a large letter (in a corrugated cardboard mailer 'envelope') and not a parcel. Australia Post is perfectly happy to accept the article as just that, when I showed the staff at my local post office. That makes international postage charges for the article not that much (at about 60%) more than domestic postage charges. The only question is whether the recipient's country postal regulations will deem the contents acceptable; I have to fill out a CN22 customs declaration if I send it outside of Australia.
In view of this, the way I'm conducting this giveaway is:
- Please express your interest in being the recipient by making a post in this thread before 11 November 2019.
- There is no restriction based on country or geography on expressions of interest. Anyone from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and the UK (for example, but not exhaustively) who puts his/her hand up for it will be treated equally.
- The letter mail postage charges will be paid for on my end, thanks to @mariom.
- If you're outside of Australia and you're interested, then you have to include in your expression-of-interest post a link to the part/section of your country's postal regulations regarding dangerous, prohibited and 'non-mailable' items so that I can verify it's OK, since I'm the responsible party for filling out a CN22 customs declaration form for the article.
- I will use a random number generator to select the recipient from all eligible entries on 12 November 2019.
However, if anyone has better ideas of how to more time- and cost-efficiently offer others just enough of 'a taste' to decide whether they want to spend money on buying retail bottles of particular inks for themselves, I'm all ears.