What Are Your Favorite Green Fountain Pens? Post Pictures If Possible!

DavidHL

now I'm curious...

The first one is an Ercolessi, the second one?

Same celluloid as my Corsani Fantasia verde variegato?

fpn_1574378977__p1110991-3_corsani_fanta

Also looks close to my vintage Parker.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sansenri

• como

• Carrau

• Misfit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right! Freddy has one right here at post #46 (second from the right). :) Perhaps the fanciest Kaweco Sport?

I missed that, being too distracted by the lizard skin pattern to its right. Thx.

Visconti Michelangelo from mid-late 90s, Green celluloid with bronze/gold shimmer veins, Fine 18k nib.

fantastic green! Envious on this one... :D

Como is right, same celluloid on the Kaweco (made by Visconti), Freddy's picture shows it better than elsewhere, same streaked pattern.

Piston filler? or plunger? and those gold nibs!

Piston filler? or plunger? and those gold nibs!

It’s a power filler piston, and there’s a matching celluloid travel inkwell.

Certainly, the OMAS Paragon in Green Arco is one of my favorite green pens.

I would also mention the Aurora Primavera, the Conway Stewart Coral and Pistachio and Classic Green. Then there is the Gecko resin Jonathan Brooks made for Kanilea Pen Co.

There might be some others that I haven't mentioned.

David

Hey, I have some of those! One I haven't seen posted yet is one I've been eyeing: the Benu Supreme in Green but I think it might be too large for me.

Oh which ones? I dont own any Benus, but I have seen them at pen club.

I forgot one! I have an Amazon green Waterman Phileas.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

Dear David, may I ask which is the third photo from the top, very nice green with fall colours and a wide sterling cap band? Is it a Conway Stewart or a Newton with CS celluloid? Thanks.

Edited by como

Very beautiful Divina. I wonder what it looks like when the silver patinas. I like both polished and patinated silver look. It's really nice that Visconti used sterling silver on the barrel even though it must have been difficult to make.

I honestly really dislike the silver patina on the divina. I polish mine.

I like patina on my grifos sterling pens though.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Perhaps because the Divina has a well-polished and modern look that you like less with patinated silver? Once in a while I polish the silver on my Montegrappa Extra pens. I tend to go back and forth on patina. I must say that for me the patina has its own charm. What's amazing is that silver can really be polished to a mirror-like finish and wonderful to look at.

I honestly really dislike the silver patina on the divina. I polish mine.

I like patina on my grifos sterling pens though.

Dear David, may I ask which is the third photo from the top, very nice green with fall colours and a wide sterling cap band? Is it a Conway Stewart or a Newton with CS celluloid? Thanks.

Thanks for asking.

That is a highly customized pen by Shawn Newton. The resin is indeed Conway Stewart Pistachio. The hardware is sterling silver with the cap band hand-carved in wax and cast by Shawn.

Here are some additional photos of that pen for your enjoyment.

The owl and griffin are associated with Reed College of which I am an alumnus.
Happy writing!
David

Thank you very much for sharing the details of such a special pen and the meanings. It's very well done, the silver details, the vintage design, and by the shape it looks like a very comfortable pen to write with too (no sharp step-down on section grip). Enjoy it in good health and good time.

Thanks for asking.

That is a highly customized pen by Shawn Newton. The resin is indeed Conway Stewart Pistachio. The hardware is sterling silver with the cap band hand-carved in wax and cast by Shawn.

Here are some additional photos of that pen for your enjoyment.

The owl and griffin are associated with Reed College of which I am an alumnus.
Happy writing!
David

• 2 weeks later...

David, I think you could start a thread titled "fantastic custom designs and binde"... :)

(problem is it would be filled mostly by you own pens...)

:D :D :D But that's not really a problem... I'll look :)

David, I think you could start a thread titled "fantastic custom designs and binde"... :)

I think I have probably posted most if not all the custom pens I have, but the entries are scattered in time and space. Relatively speaking. :)

David

• 8 months later...

I'd been after a Pelikan m205 Olivine for some time but didn't have the budget when the price would occasionally dip; in the meantime I made a half hearted bid for a Sailor 1911 Standard made for Wancher in "mother green"... And won. It's my only green pen, the colour is really hard to photograph, it has a slight yellow and dusky tone.

v0aj.png

The F is really fine, while I was hoping to use it with Ama Iro, Chiku Rin is a perfect match, comes out light but legible and frankly stunning, a pen that makes me want to write is the highest praise in my book.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Here is a green one I enjoy - the pics aren't mine but the pen is the same - a prototype in green, very few made, in the Classic Pens 766 series. I also have the flame red version so can mount a very seasonal pocket appearance for Christmas, especially when filled with green and red ink respectively. My green has an XF nib.

L1030948-001-copy.jpg

L1030949-001-copy.jpg

This (poor) photo is my actual pair of Legend pens.

xmaspens.jpg

Edited by wspohn

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html