Wing Sung 699 Now Available In Gray

OCArt

The Wing Sung 699 vacuum filler pen is now offered in a transparent gray finish from a few eBay sellers. I am very pleased with this pen and it compares favorably to my Pilot 823 except for the lack of a gold nib. The standard nibs are good but I have successfully swapped in a #6 Nemosine stub. This is a wonderful pen to travel with as the ink supply can be shut off for air journeys. Photo below from the listing.

fpn_1572153378__ws699gray.jpg

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mannyonpil

• OCArt

• Tas

• sansenri

The Wing Sung 699 vacuum filler pen is now offered in a transparent gray finish from a few eBay sellers. I am very pleased with this pen and it compares favorably to my Pilot 823 except for the lack of a gold nib. The standard nibs are good but I have successfully swapped in a #6 Nemosine stub. This is a wonderful pen to travel with as the ink supply can be shut off for air journeys. Photo below from the listing.

fpn_1572153378__ws699gray.jpg

Thanks for the heads up - I bought one of these in amber a month or two ago, and it's a really lovely pen. The gap between the tines needed a bit of widening, to get an adequate ink flow going - but other than that it's worked well from day one. Not sure I'll buy another in grey - but good to know there are now some additional options.

Thanks for the tip! The 699 is a nice pen.

I got a neosime #6 and it would definitely not fit in the pen. It went in about 3/4 and became stuck solid. I thought I would wreck the section before I got it back out!

When you put in the neosime #6 did you have to modify it or did it slip right in??

Mine went in tight, but not so much to worry me.

Thanks for the tip! The 699 is a nice pen.

I got a neosime #6 and it would definitely not fit in the pen. It went in about 3/4 and became stuck solid. I thought I would wreck the section before I got it back out!

When you put in the neosime #6 did you have to modify it or did it slip right in??

I've one in amber on order, and can't wait for it to arrive! On the OP's recommendation, I also bought a couple additional .6mm Nemosine stub italic nibs (you can't have too many of these anyway, right?)

Lux in Obscuro Sumus

I have a clear one and I have been using it everyday since it arrived a few weeks ago. It gets more use than my Pilot 823 although I am not sure why. When I use the Pilot I can see it is clearly the superior but somehow I find myself using the 699 all the time. I think it feels sturdier and I am less worried about something happening with it during the course of the day.

I have a clear one and I have been using it everyday since it arrived a few weeks ago. It gets more use than my Pilot 823 although I am not sure why. When I use the Pilot I can see it is clearly the superior but somehow I find myself using the 699 all the time. I think it feels sturdier and I am less worried about something happening with it during the course of the day.

Mad isn't it?!

I find myself doing something similarly nonsensical with my Visconti Homo Sapiens and my GvFC Classic. I've realised that I save them for "special" occasions.

Let's switch that behaviour. Make the best of what we have whilst we have it. If we break it or lose it, so be it.

Let's not make Wheezys out of our besties.

(although this 699 is flipping incredible :wub: )

I would like to see the 699 in a variety of colors. How about a translucent burnt orange or dark green?

Edited by Mannyonpil

The Taobao store also shows another new option which is a transparent deep blue with gold trim, which reminds me of a 3776 chartres blue. I would've got it in a heartbeat if not for the fact that I already have more pens than I ever needed.

Very pretty, thanks for posting this!

office_supplies_pen on ebay has it in blue; it is quite pretty. He also gives a choice of EF/F/M nibs for $29.80. Other vendors also have EF nibs. Has anyone tried the EF nibs that come with the WS 699?

fpn_1572653475__ws699_blue.jpg

Yeah I've seen both , and likely will be getting them down the road .. as for now the Brown one really work out fine for me

If that blue color had silver trims, I wouldn't be surprised that by tomorrow I would already have ordered the pen.

Has anyone tried swapping sections on the 699? I know the existing section takes a Pilot # 10 nib and feed perfectly (FA) but I am wondering if a section from a pen with one of those screw in nib units could swap on in place of the existing section so you could use nib units on the 699.

• 1 month later...

The Taobao store also shows another new option which is a transparent deep blue with gold trim, which reminds me of a 3776 chartres blue. I would've got it in a heartbeat if not for the fact that I already have more pens than I ever needed.

I wonder if there will be Bourgogne Red version too :)

• 2 months later...

I was wondering about the colour/trim combos on this pen

doesn't this brown silver look somewhat odd?

fpn_1583613742__699il_fullxfull204627690

and doesn't this grey gold look somewhat odd too?

fpn_1583613937__699il_fullxfull209389561

at least they got this one right

fpn_1583614072__699il_fullxfull209387953

(and the brown gold)

the blue gold is not so bad, but I do agree blue silver would be great...