The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Shikiori Hisakata Uchimizu F Nib

sailor shikiori hisakata uchimizu

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to BBBB Small Signature

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2019 - 13:23

~ I'd wanted a second consumer-grade Japanese fountain pen but hadn't found any that I liked.

At Shenzhen's MixC World Eslite Spectrum stationery store the Writing Room offered a number of possibilities.

After several visits, the Sailor Shikiori Hisakata Uchimizu F nib pen, formerly Sailor ProColor 500, was purchased.

The merry transaction stumbled along as two delightful staff members sought a converter (吸墨器) for the pen.

Two recent bottles of Sailor's Shikiori ink, Okuyama and Fuji-sugata, have been such fun that a bottle of Shikiori Souten was added today.

Once home, the pen's F nib inked with Souten was everything I'd hoped. It'll serve my marginalia needs while reading.

I'm grateful that a reliable fine nibbed fountain pen of such quality was available here, offered in several colors.

It's a fountain pen which might be recommended to students wanting pens in order to get away from school-supplied pencils.

Tom K.

fpn_1572009290__from_the_mixc_world_esli

From Shenzhen's MixC World Eslite Spectrum Writing Room

fpn_1572009428__sailor_packaging.jpg

Sailor Packaging

fpn_1572009481__sailor_blue.jpg

Sailor Blue

fpn_1572009525__sailor_shikiori_hisakata

Sailor Shikiori Hisakata Uchimizu F Nib

fpn_1572009585__sailor_fine_nib.jpg

Sailor Fine Nib

fpn_1572009642__sailor_shikiori_hisakata

Sponsored Content

#2 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 15:46

Thank you, very informative, those pictures are stunning. Souten looks really nice, I can get that hue but with pens that evaporate more quickly and hence bit by bit make the ink look darker. The new size of Sailor inks is... Unrepeatable here! Luckily I got a 50ml bottle before they went bonkers.

I've long looked at this Sailor model, originally as part of my quest for a Pelikan blue demonstrator, which I eventually got and really enjoy using; from that quest this Sailor seems like worthy on its own, at a reasonable price. I haven't got one simply because the budget has gone to other long term quests, I have a really nice Pro Gear, and I've been meaning to try Pilot's 14k nibs. But I did get an extra Sailor converter just in case... Although there's also a nice green demonstrator, at "only" three times the price...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#3 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to BBBB Small Signature

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2019 - 16:41

Thank you, very informative, those pictures are stunning. Souten looks really nice, I can get that hue but with pens that evaporate more quickly and hence bit by bit make the ink look darker. The new size of Sailor inks is... Unrepeatable here! Luckily I got a 50ml bottle before they went bonkers.

I've long looked at this Sailor model, originally as part of my quest for a Pelikan blue demonstrator, which I eventually got and really enjoy using

~ SenZen:

Would you believe me if I told you that one hour ago a box arrived from overseas with early birthday gifts (my birthday is nine days away) from former students around the globe, which included:

•  A NOS Pelikan M205 Transparent Blue Demonstrator with an I nib

It's one of the most utterly unexpected surprise gifts in many decades. On the same day as the Sailor Shikiori Hisakata Uchimizu F nib, no less!

One truly never knows...

Tom K.

#4 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2019 - 17:50

Congratulations on your new find!  It sounds like the Shenzhen store is a really great place.  

I do not have a Sailor pen yet.  I will look at this one more closely.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, shikiori hisakata uchimizu

Sponsored Content

|