The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

How Gentle Do I Have To Be To A 144G

vintage 144g vintage montblanc celluloid 144g montblanc edc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drlilviv

drlilviv

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 October 2019 - 15:51

Just got a lovely 144G with long ink window and F nib. It had a new cork seal and filling wonderfully... any harm in using it as an EDC (no pocket only purse) and no direct sunlight?

Sponsored Content

#2 Parker51

Parker51

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 17:52

Please put the pen in a case prior to placing it in your purse and be careful with an about other items in your purse so as to avoid damage. I couldn't do it as my daily carry bag includes in it a rather heavy and damaging leatherman tool, a tape measure and an aluminum bodied flashlight. I thus carry an aluminum Kaweco Allsport.
A dress bag with a few light items should be safe with the use of a good pen case.

#3 camoandconcrete

camoandconcrete

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 October 2019 - 21:09

I think it would be fine in a pen case inside your purse. And I don't see any harm in using it as an EDC pen, I use 136s, a 138 and a celluloid 139 all the time as my EDC pens with no harm. It your pen, so you should use it how you want and enjoy it.

What I'm looking for: Montblanc 132, 235, 422 and 432. Any help would be most appreciated.

#4 CS388

CS388

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 10:10

My 144g isn't a daily carry, at the moment - but it was for years (just clipped into my pocket). No special treatment was needed. It's a robust, well made pen and was built to be a user.

I should add that none of my pens are mint collector's items, so I didn't mind the fine scratches etc that everyday use will usually incur.

And congratulations - this series of pens is (imho) among the best that Montblanc ever made.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vintage 144g, vintage montblanc, celluloid, 144g, montblanc, edc

Sponsored Content

|