• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Intensity

• bluebellrose

• Anne-Sophie

• txomsy

"Nude... a universal base for all skin types and their different colours."

:rolleyes:

The terrible writing colour of this ink aside, as an illustrative color I have the same thoughts about "nude" being labeled this pinky-beige colour that I do about lipsticks and nailpolishes of the same name, as well as pinky-beige crayons being labelled "flesh-toned." Yes, I know, usage has associated the word "nude" with an actual hexadecimal value, but as a person of non-nude color with base undertones so strongly yellow that I can confidently say there is no foundation in the world I could mix to make this base work on my face -- and believe me, I've tried -- I still feel vaguely insulted in some distant way. I'm sure illustrators can do... something... with this ink, though.

I forgot the most important part of my response to this review: Thank you for making it! I was wondering if this ink was going to be as bad as I suspected it would, and it was. Lovely review, terrible ink. ;-)

Edited by Enkida

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

I don't see it as a writing colour, way too clear. But it may do a good job in illustrations.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

When I saw the header for this thread, I thought I was going to be looking at something faintly resembling, well, art.... :huh:

Thank you for the review, though -- this is a color I can definitely pass on.... (And I tend to agree with Enkida -- even if my skin tone IS roughly that color....)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this review and tell us about this "ink". :sick:

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Looks more like a stain that was unsuccessfully washed out than an ink. Yuck.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

I guess this is an art ink rather than a writing ink. Fountain pen inks used for art seems like a growing field. Surprisingly good water resistance for such a pale color in this hue family. Questionable description.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

It's not often that a one-word review can entirely capture an ink, but I think "ghastly" does an admirable job. Yikes. :(

A complete waste of time to formulate and market, and a naming insult to most of the world's populace. Really, the people at Herbin can't be that clueless, can they??

I think you are pushing this too far. It certainly does not look very attractive for writing, but may be for illustrating. So, not a total waste of time.

And as for skin colour... that would be off-topic, but a ) all races have lighter and darker parts of the body, specially in areas that don't often see the light of Sun, b ) I find it a somewhat undefined colour that may work for most melanin-depleted skin variants/body parts and c ) what would a "politically correct" name be? I can't hardly think of any description that can evoke the concept of skin colour and not be offensive to some itchy purists. At least 'nude' doesn't mention any of the two taboo words (skin or colour).

Off-topic: for a long time I was using two special slides in a presentation, one with the text "Caution! Nudity ahead" with which I cautioned the audience they might want to shut their eyes for the next slide, followed by a slide with a picture of "nude" mice (mice mutants that do not grow hair are called "nude mice"). Mind you, I've used it all over the World (at least in all continents but Antarctica). Nobody did ever shut their eyes. Go figure. Maybe impudence wasn't so offensive to mature adults after all.

Edited by txomsy

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

I think you are pushing this too far. It certainly does not look very attractive for writing, but may be for illustrating. So, not a total waste of time.

And as for skin colour... that would be off-topic, but a ) all races have lighter and darker parts of the body, specially in areas that don't often see the light of Sun, b ) I find it a somewhat undefined colour that may work for most melanin-depleted skin variants/body parts and c ) what would a "politically correct" name be? I can't hardly think of any description that can evoke the concept of skin colour and not be offensive to some itchy purists. At least 'nude' doesn't mention any of the two taboo words (skin or colour).

Off-topic: for a long time I was using two special slides in a presentation, one with the text "Caution! Nudity ahead" with which I cautioned the audience they might want to shut their eyes for the next slide, followed by a slide with a picture of "nude" mice (mice mutants that do not grow hair are called "nude mice"). Mind you, I've used it all over the World (at least in all continents but Antarctica). Nobody did ever shut their eyes. Go figure. Maybe impudence wasn't so offensive to mature adults after all.

Any way you rationalize the inks name when taken together with its color, its still a marketing flop.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Whoa!

It's the very same problem that is attached to flesh-/nude-/skin-coloured crayons. A quick Google search will explain that much better than I'd be able to.

Dominique

Snail Mail

(fluent in SK, CZ, DE, EN

currently learning EO, JP, NL)