It's A Long Shot, But... (Pilot #10 Nib )

ethernautrix

I already know that a Pilot #10 nib doesn't fit a Nakaya Piccolo. I have sent an inquiry to flexiblenib.com about a housing to accommodate the Pilot nib, or maybe to fit it to a TWSBI Vac Mini.

I know about fpnibs.com's PO modification (I have two #6 Jowo PO nibs from Pablo; these won't fit in a TWSBI Vac MINI), but as much as I enjoy the modified PO nibs, they aren't PILOT PO nibs.

I'm curious to know if anyone's ever successfully and easily transplanted a Pilot #10 nib to a different brand and model of pen.

Anyone?

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• Karmachanic

• Namo

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry I can't help you, esp. since I was so lucky to be able to fit my favorite nib in my favorite pen (vintage Pelikan in a Densho raw ebonite).

I was also successful in transplanting a Platinum nib in a body made for JoWo units. What I noticed is that the shape of the feed of the Platinum nibs is quite, hem, different. I was able to fit the nib in the unit, but the nib wouldn't fit the feed, so I transplanted the feed also.

In the case of a Pilot nib in a Nakaya body, I am pretty sure you will not be able to use the Nakaya feed. I don't know where that leads you and pretty sure it's not a big help. But info cannot hurt at least.

Good luck, and don't forget: if there is no pictures...

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Flexiblenibs sells Bock and Jowo #6 housings that will accommodate a Pilot #10 feed and nib.

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

Thank you, Namo. Yes, I already tried to fit the Pilot nib into a Nakaya Piccolo, and the Nakaya's housing is too large.

However...Karmachanic... I just learned from an fpgeeks member that PenBBS takes (among others) Jowo #6 and Pilot #10, and I had to clamp my hands over my mouth to prevent the "EEEEEEEE!"from escaping at, like, 3 in the morning. Hehe. If a pen can take a #6 Jowo and a #10 Pilot, then that means a Noodler's Ahab (which I just ordered to use with a #6 Jowo PO that I already own) should be able to take the #10 Pilot PO, yes?

I haven't heard back from flexiblenib.com, BUT! I will probably order those two housings, just in case they come in handy with future experiments (or if the N. Ahab doesn't take the Pilot #10 PO).

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! SO MANY THANK YOUS!

etherX in To Miasto

Update: Aha! I ordered the Jowo housing that fits the Pilot 912 feed and nib. Got it. I mean, now I understand better. Hahaha. So pleased! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, Karmachanic!

etherX in To Miasto

• 1 month later...