Platinum 3776 Century

writepen

The 3776 Century Fountain Pen celebrates the 100-year anniversary of Platinum Pen's founding in 1919. In 1978, the 3776 model was launched, based on the height of Mount Fuji.

A unique feature is the "Slip & Seal" mechanism which prevents drying out of ink in the pen. Additionally, the secure cap is screw-type which contributes to the air-tightness.
The focal point is the ultra-smooth, 14k broad nib, and, along with ink flow, were carefully designed by Platinum. The result is memorable, enjoyable writing. Cartridge/Converter Filling System. Note that Japanese nibs produce a thinner line than Western nibs thus the broad point is equivalent to a medium. I chose the Laurel Green finish and purchased from penchalet.com. They offer many 3776 color options and at an attractive price. I continue to refer friends to this dependable Dealer/Retailer.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lloyd

• Honeybadgers

• Brian C

• Gloucesterman

Is this an advertisement? It reads like one.

Pen chalet wouldn't advertise like this though. We just have some people here with... interesting? writing styles.

This is just how this user writes his reviews. They're all generally formatted with a simple review and where they were purchased from. He's done laban, pen chalet, and another company, so he's not just some review bot.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I'm not so sure that the broad 3776 writes like a western medium though. Mine writes like a fairly broad western broad.

I'm not so sure that the broad 3776 writes like a western medium though. Mine writes like a fairly broad western broad.

My broad is like a slightly fat western M.

My Coarse is a big fat juicy double broad though.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

The 3776 Century Fountain Pen celebrates the 100-year anniversary of Platinum Pen's founding in 1919.

Platinum has been selling #3776 Century pen models for years, and the 'Century' designation has nothing to do with the 100th anniversary of the company.

I chose the Laurel Green finish and purchased from penchalet.com. They offer many 3776 color options and at an attractive price. I continue to refer friends to this dependable Dealer/Retailer.

This is the Market Watch forum, so what is Pen Chalet's price for a particular model, and how does it compare to the prices at which other retailers are selling that model?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

My broad is like a slightly fat western M.

My Coarse is a big fat juicy double broad though.

My broad is rather slender and likes to cook me dinner.

i, on the other hand, am more narrow minded. I prefer extra fine.

Each to their own.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

My broad is rather slender and likes to cook me dinner.

Are these available from Amazon?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Some of us prefer them tuned that way.

Oscar Wilde

Some of us prefer them tuned that way.

Lloyd, re: your personal tag line, "I would think so."

-S-

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Lloyd, re: your personal tag line, "I would think so."

-S-

Only on Halloween.

Oscar Wilde

Platinum has been selling #3776 Century pen models for years, and the 'Century' designation has nothing to do with the 100th anniversary of the company.

This is the Market Watch forum, so what is Pen Chalet's price for a particular model, and how does it compare to the prices at which other retailers are selling that model?

This post was moved to market watch, Gil. It was in reviews.

Definitely makes more sense in Reviews or even Fountain & Dip Pens - First Stop.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.”