Is A Pelikan M150 Nib The Same Size As An M&k 120 Nib?

newkid12

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OCArt

• newkid12

• Bo Bo Olson

• Honeybadgers

Well as far as I can remember...in I'm not going to dig out my Pelikan 120 and the 150**** to check exact length, but the Pelikan 120 is closer to the old 400's size, and the 150 would be closer to the 140's nib.

Don't have an M&K, but the 150 is smaller than the 200's nib.

I see no logical reason the M&K nib should be smaller than the Pelikan 120 nib....or not enough to worry about. The nib should match 'looks' of a deign. A 140's nib is not all that real small, but it sure looked dorky on my 400...back then....now a days, it's not quite as dorky as I remembered.

The then 120 is a nice springy regular flex nib....I don't know but would suspect in that the M&K is still in the era of regular flex...that the M&K is also a regular flex.

I don't know....I don't have an M&K, had enough trouble and needed a decade to get my fist full of Pelikans.

*****I have the greatest trouble dragging any kicking and screaming pen back to the box....and any time I open it they crawl out of every side like a drunk sneaking to a bar.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

150 nibs, the metal part itself, are smaller than the ones from M200 or M400 but that is just cosmetics. The real issue is that the M150 nibs have the same threads as other M200/400 pens while your Pelikan 120 M&K does NOT. I just pulled my pen cases out to verify and the M150 does NOT screw into a M&K120.

But... If you are comfortable doing so you could take the 120 nib unit apart and install the 150 nib onto the 120 feed section.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

You're welcome NewKid12. Now you have me wondering if a number 5 nib might not fit in the M&K 120 nib unit. Do you have a Chinese pen handy to compare nibs? (As you may already know, most, but not all, Chinese pens take a number 5 nib-- the rest take a #6.)

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

My M&K Pel 120 nib assemblies have threads but I've never found any other nib assembly (including Pel 150s and 200s) that used the same threads.