The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Diamine Bloody Brexit (Seitz-Kreuznach Exclusive), Handwritten Review

diamine bloody brexit sheen limited edition

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:27

Not a lot of drawings this time because this ink took sooo long to dry and bled like a stuck pig.  As always, YMMV!

bloody-brexit06.jpg
bloody-brexit07.jpg
bloody-brexit08.jpg
bloody-brexit09.jpg
bloody-brexit10.jpg
bloody-brexit11.jpg
bloody-brexit12.jpg
bloody-brexit13.jpg
bloody-brexit14.jpg

Swabs on Clairefontaine:

bloody-brexit15.jpg

Various Paper Tests:

bloody-brexit01.jpg

card stock:

bloody-brexit02.jpg

bloody-brexit03.jpg

bloody-brexit04.jpg

bloody-brexit00.jpg

bloody-brexit05.jpg

Edited by Enkida, 14 October 2019 - 07:30.

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Sponsored Content

#2 Eclipse157

Eclipse157

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:11

Thank you! I love your reviews and always look forward to a new one! That said, the ink is cool but I think I'll pass on it cause I have enough blues that sheen in red. :P

#3 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:19

Yeah... I do love me a good sheening ink but I think I like Oxford Blue better.  Which is a moot point because now I have 80mL of Brexit to slog through even if I finish my 30mL bottle of Oxford first...

Well I guess in theory the husband could finish his ink, heh :)   And to be fair, I was excited about this ink when it was in the mail... it is a great color.  It just lost its shine for me in actual testing because of the dry time.

ADDITIONAL INFO:  after leaving it out overnight, there's no smudging going on in any of the papers tested... so it doesn't suffer from the "never dries forever" syndrome that other high sheeners sometimes have.  Once it finally dries down, it stays down.

It seems it will be sunny out today, so I may see if I can get some photos in to show the sheen and better colour accuracy this afternoon.

Edited by Enkida, 14 October 2019 - 09:38.

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

#4 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,768 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:01

Wow, you put so much time and flair into this. I read every page. Thank you for this service to the community. As a color, this is just the shade of blue that I don't like. And since it is also an unruly ink, it is an easy pass for me (even with the cute name). Thanks for the review!

#5 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:13

You're quite welcome!  Here are the sunlight daylight photos.  The sun escaped halfway through them, but you can see some of the sheen coming through on a few of them.  Enjoy!

bloody-brexit15a.jpg

bloody-brexit15b.jpg

bloody-brexit16a.jpg

bloody-brexit16b.jpg

bloody-brexit17a.jpg

bloody-brexit17b.jpg

bloody-brexit18a.jpg

bloody-brexit18b.jpg

bloody-brexit19a.jpg

bloody-brexit19b.jpg

bloody-brexit20a.jpg

bloody-brexit20b.jpg

bloody-brexit20c.jpg

bloody-brexit20d.jpg

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

- Lois McMaster Bujold

#6 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 14:35

Absolutely LOVE your reviews. Thank you so much for making them so comprehensive and so much fun!
If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

#7 arellano81366

arellano81366

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 19:07

Your reviews are unique and fresh. Thanks! I like the ink but I think does not worth the cost to import to USA. Jalur Gemilang worth every penny tho. Thanks again!

Javier

#8 txomsy

txomsy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 20:22

Thanks for an excellent and entertaining review.

#9 Cassotto

Cassotto

Peppermint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 21:00

Thanks a lot for the excellent review! It's both informative and fun to read.

I was hoping to buy myself this ink, because I like the colour, the sheen, and the name. But perhaps I should look for another one. Beautiful as it may be, and much as I like sheen, I want to be able to write without waiting for ages for the ink to dry.

so it doesn't suffer from the "never dries forever" syndrome that other high sheeners sometimes have. 

I'd never heard of this syndrome before today... But what you say is the second time I've been conscious of the problem. This morning I lent a workmate some notes I made TEN DAYS AGO using Emerald of Chivor, she held the paper for about two minutes, and on returning it, all my writing was smudged, and her fingers too! I wonder whether I'll ever use that ink again. I don't mind non-archival inks, but this is too much! :huh:

It isn't true that you live only once. You only die once. You live lots of times, if you know how. (Bobby Darin)

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. (Oscar Wilde)

#10 essayfaire

essayfaire

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 22:56

I thought this was a brilliant satire and then I found nickstewart.ink 's write up of the same product. :o  Thanks for such a thorough review.  I usually love Diamine inks.

“It's bad enough wasting time without killing it.”
Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

#11 aurore

aurore

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 22:02

Fabulous review.

#12 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 20:41

Another fantastic ink review! And the humor!

Many thanks!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

#13 vojtahlad

vojtahlad

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:10

I love your reviews, thank you.

By the way, the ink seems to be dismissed from the shop. The page can be found by Google but it claims "Item not found". Nick Stewart's review of the Bloody Brexit contains a link pointing to the Bloody Absinth now which is visibly a different ink (much more green).

#14 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:52

You're right, I just checked too.  That's what they do when they sell out of an ink!  We'll have to see if they re-order a new batch or not, seeing as how it sold out like hotcakes!

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, bloody brexit, sheen, limited edition

Sponsored Content

|