The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montblanc Authentication

clip metal montblanc legrand 146

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pendude45

pendude45

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 18:38

Anyone know when "Metal" showed up on the underside of the Montblanc Meisterstuck LeGrand 146 clip?  I just bought a 146 and was surprised to see "metal" and "Made in Germany" on the underside of the clip, and no pix on the center band.

Sponsored Content

#2 Addertooth

Addertooth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2019 - 19:29

Compare the feed with a real 146.  Take a magnet to the nib, the fakes do not use gold nibs, they use gold plated steel nibs.  And unscrew the blind cap (over an area which wll not get ink stained), if it entirely unscrews, it is a fake.  

#3 pendude45

pendude45

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 19:48

I don't think it's a fake.  I bought it from a Montblanc authorized dealer and Montblanc USA confirmed the serial number.  The blind cap doesn't unscrew, by the way, although I didn't try your other tests.  A look at the very fine fins on the feed also seem to confirm no fake.  It's just that I did read someone who had referred to "Metal" being under the clip, as mine has, but can't pin down when Montblanc started to add that.  They seem to change these details on their pens quite often.

#4 Addertooth

Addertooth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2019 - 21:07

There is a great permanent thread (I believe a sticky) for the 146, and at what date the features and marks changed on the pen.  Go to the Montblanc group and you will find that thread.  

#5 pendude45

pendude45

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:50

Many thanks.

#6 pendude45

pendude45

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:57

I'm new to the this site and try as I might, I can't find this Montblanc Group.  Can you please help?

#7 silverlifter

silverlifter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:06

I'm new to the this site and try as I might, I can't find this Montblanc Group.  Can you please help?

Montblanc

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

#8 pendude45

pendude45

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:14

Got it. Thank you.

#9 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:26

orig.gif

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clip, metal, montblanc, legrand 146

Sponsored Content

|