The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Case For Rollerballs And Ballpoints ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 frogbaby

frogbaby

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2019 - 16:10

i have started collecting (god help me) rollerballs and ballpoints of unusual designs and, unless they are twins of well known fountain pens, they tend to be much slimmer than my fountain pens so the cases i have (i am thinking of the zippered cases with elastic) have elastic loops that are too big and i would like to find a zippered case with smaller loops

any pointers appreciated ..

Sponsored Content

#2 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2019 - 17:05

The Nib Section podcast recently did an episode on cases and discussed artists rolls designed for carrying pencils and brushes.  They specifically discussed one made by Peg and Awl https://pegandawlbui...=30190041628695

#3 frogbaby

frogbaby

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2019 - 23:27

The Nib Section podcast recently did an episode on cases and discussed artists rolls designed for carrying pencils and brushes.  They specifically discussed one made by Peg and Awl https://pegandawlbui...=30190041628695

interesting and looks very well made, my only issue is the price vs storage capacity, it has 16 pockets and i will fill those up right away and need another

but you have given me a good idea which is to look at pen rolls in general (less fancy) which often have slimmer pockets and will hold smaller pens quite well by virtue of being rolled up .... thanks

#4 sandy101

sandy101

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2019 - 18:33

Surely a filled (school) pencil case from a stationery ship might do.

You cana get a filled/empty one and empty the felt tips and pencils out - and presto. 

#5 frogbaby

frogbaby

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:27

Surely a filled (school) pencil case from a stationery ship might do.

You cana get a filled/empty one and empty the felt tips and pencils out - and presto. 

good idea but the ones i see have the spacing a little too tight ... though i could use every other hole and get 18 in a 36 hole case

#6 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:25

I think rollerballs dry out too fast.  Some rollerball pens will take their maker's ballpoint refills, though.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#7 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:01

If you need a large case for a bunch, the cheapie portfolio cases you can get from china from PU leather and felt have nice, tight loops.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Sponsored Content

|