The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Diamine Inkvent Calendar

diamine inkvent calendar nick stewart

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 essayfaire

essayfaire

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 18:20

Day 23 gives us Roasted Chestnut, a deep, rich and warm brown that I put into a Pilot Parallel Pen, a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA and an OMAS with a 52° nib, kind of like a Zoom nib, fat & juicy.

fpn_1577145736__2019_12_23_diamine_inkve

fpn_1577145834__2019_12_23_diamine_inkve

fpn_1577145854__2019_12_23_diamine_inkve

I may steal this one from my son; I have an affinity for deep brown inks.

Festina lente

Sponsored Content

#82 essayfaire

essayfaire

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 18:24

Thanks for doing all the photos of these.  Some of them really look nice -- but the set is a little pricy.  And truthfully, a few years ago I asked for the Diamine Flower Collection for Christmas, and I still haven't tried a couple of the inks...  :blush: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

It is pricy, but the novelty factor made it a good gift (as did the quality of the inks).  We plan on holding on to the sturdy calendar and filling it with candy and small gifts for next year's advent.

Festina lente

#83 JulieParadise

JulieParadise

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2019 - 15:55

I see that I still owe you the 25th ink, Happy Holidays, a shimmery sheeny rich blue/blurple, that now sits in a Sailor Pro Gear Slim Yukitsubaki H-F.

Weird: When opened in a new tab the pics are rotated and shown in the correct orientation, at least on my computer ... 

fpn_1577721193__2019_12_30_diamine_inkve

fpn_1577721097__2019_12_30_diamine_inkve

fpn_1577721217__2019_12_30_diamine_inkve

(I was away from my computer for some days and did not manage to upload from my phone, sorry.)

#84 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,616 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2019 - 23:02

Weird: When opened in a new tab the pics are rotated and shown in the correct orientation, at least on my computer ...

I still think:

Apple is to blame, I'm guessing.

but perhaps the post to which I linked did not explain the issue clearly.

Naa, Samsung A40. No fruits involved here ;-)

Some of the photos posted here are not in the right orientation, some are and with some (ink blobs) it would not matter. On my phone all photos are in correct orientation as well as on my laptop, it is only when I upload them here and in the German Penexchange forum when I notice which ones are rotated to the left.

If you aren't using an Apple computer, I'd be very curious to know which browser on which operating system you're using that is also exhibiting the problem.

The image files contain metadata specifying the correct orientation. Browsers based on WebKit on OS_X (i.e. Safari and Chrome on a Mac) fail to respect that item of metadata to present embedded images on Web pages accordingly. However, when viewed as just an image on its own, e.g. in a new browser tab (with the resource type in the URL being a JPEG file and not an HTML file), or outside the browser in an application such as Preview, the metadata content is observed and the images are presented correctly.

It's not like Apple can't do the right thing, either; Safari and Chrome browsers on iOS (e.g. my iPad) will respect the orientation specified, even when the images are embedded on web pages instead of being viewed as standalone images.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#85 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2019 - 23:38

JulieParadise: Thank you for your wonderful and diligent posts of the Diamine Inkvent Calendar, a great reference too. I wish you a Happy 2020! 

I see that I still owe you the 25th ink, Happy Holidays, a shimmery sheeny rich blue/blurple, that now sits in a Sailor Pro Gear Slim Yukitsubaki H-F.

#86 NickiStew

NickiStew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2019 - 08:16

Huge thanks to JulieParadise for your investigations of the Diamine Inkvent Calendar colours. They look absolutely fabulous. Nick x
To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

#87 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2019 - 10:16

And thank you, NickiStew, for introducing the Inkvent to us. Happy New Year to you too!

Huge thanks to JulieParadise for your investigations of the Diamine Inkvent Calendar colours. They look absolutely fabulous. Nick x

#88 Ditzy

Ditzy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2020 - 00:02

It looks like these inks will be available from Cult Pens in 50ml bottles. I’m sure they will be at other retailers too.

#89 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

• 4,616 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:16

Yep, La Couronne du Comte mentioned in its newsletter earlier this week that all 25 Ink-vent colours will be available in 50ml bottles "from late March 2020", although (sadly) I don't trust LCdC on issues of timing even when the applecart hasn't been upset or turned upside down. Different prices for dye inks and shimmer inks.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#90 Ememel

Ememel

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2020 - 19:43

I ordered my bottle of Christmas Winter Miracle from Fountainfeder (Germany) yesterday. I'm not sure if they have it in stock already or if it's a pre-order, but I've ordered from fountainfeder twice before, so I trust the place.Of course, 30ml bottles would've been much more handy than a 50ml, but at least I'll soon enough get to try the stunner!

Edited by Ememel, 22 March 2020 - 19:55.

#91 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,183 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2020 - 00:17

Currently using Fire Ember in a BB Pelikan nib. It is a very nice ink. I'm figuring out what to do with the shimmer inks - I'm afraid of those (prefer standard inks). Its a nice orange.

#92 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

• 4,616 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2020 - 00:49

@WLSpec You could put those shimmer inks into quarantine for as long as it takes. Or you could send them on to someone who isn't afraid.

#93 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,183 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2020 - 18:29

@WLSpec You could put those shimmer inks into quarantine for as long as it takes. Or you could send them on to someone who isn't afraid.

Yes, I've considered giving them away, but I can't ship right now... maybe some time in the future

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine inkvent calendar, nick stewart

Sponsored Content

|