Diamine Inkvent Calendar

NickiStew

Day 2 of the inky fun Diamine gifted us with: Candy Cane!
Pen is a Montblanc 114 Mozart with a customized Italic Medium nib, paper is a Stálogy 365 in A6 and a Rhodia Webnotebook in A5.

fpn_1575280970__2019_12_02_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575280984__2019_12_02_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575280995__2019_12_02_diamine_inkve

Edited, because ... amazingly I managed to forget how to insert pictures since ... yesterday ;D

Edited by JulieParadise

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JulieParadise

• NickiStew

• A Smug Dill

• como

Candy Cane appears to be what I'd call a "good red" - neither too pink nor too orange. "Vibrant" also springs to mind!

Meanwhile strange coincidental forces at work here in Weevil Burrows. Day one of the randomly picked DIY version saw KWZ Turquoise iron gall and day two MB William Shakespeare Velvet Red. So while not the same, definitely in similar vein. What are the odds? :wacko:

Candy Cane appears to be what I'd call a "good red" - neither too pink nor too orange. "Vibrant" also springs to mind!

Meanwhile strange coincidental forces at work here in Weevil Burrows. Day one of the randomly picked DIY version saw KWZ Turquoise iron gall and day two MB William Shakespeare Velvet Red. So while not the same, definitely in similar vein. What are the odds? :wacko:

Maybe the clouds will tell you? ;)

I have not started on my look at my inks plan. I think J Herbin Rouge Opera could work for the Candy Cane ink. Thank you for the photo @JulieParadise.

Edited to add Im working on the Christmas Tree instead of playing with matching inks to Inkvent inks.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

Day 4 of the inky fun that is the Diamine Inkvent Calendar brings us Polar Glow, a heavy sheener. I filled it into a Montblanc 144 Classique converter filler with a fine nib. Papers are, as usual, a Stálogy 365 in A6 and a Rhodia Webnotebook in A5 size.

fpn_1575450094__2019_12_04_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575450224__2019_12_04_diamine_inkve

sorry for the upside down pic :unsure:

fpn_1575450293__2019_12_04_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575450344__2019_12_04_diamine_inkve

Errr, another one to tilt your head ... :huh: ... soooorry!

fpn_1575450313__2019_12_04_diamine_inkve

Love the close-up shot. :thumbup:

The coincidences came to an end yesterday, as Pelikan Edelstein Star Ruby couldn't have been further from Snow Storm. Unless you count the glitter in the pen of the same name. Today is some 1980s Montblanc Turquoise, which on my screen is not dissimilar from the palest areas of your Polar Glow, but a sheener she ain't!

Day 4 of the inky fun that is the Diamine Inkvent Calendar brings us Polar Glow, a heavy sheener. I filled it into a Montblanc 144 Classique converter filler with a fine nib. Papers are, as usual, a Stálogy 365 in A6 and a Rhodia Webnotebook in A5 size.

fpn_1575450094__2019_12_04_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575450224__2019_12_04_diamine_inkve

sorry for the upside down pic :unsure:

fpn_1575450293__2019_12_04_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575450344__2019_12_04_diamine_inkve

Errr, another one to tilt your head ... :huh: ... soooorry!

fpn_1575450313__2019_12_04_diamine_inkve

Great pics! Fab colour isn't it...

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

Triple Chocolate, yummy! The fifth day of Diamine's Inkvent Calendar treats us with sweets, chocolate brown it is! I filled this into a new pen, a Platinum 3776 with a Soft Fine nib, originally, that I did not like at all and could not convince to cooperate. So I customized it and now have a great fine-medium italic. Paper is a Rhodia Webnotebook Dot A5.

fpn_1575540440__2019_12_05_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575540590__2019_12_05_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575540619__2019_12_05_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575540640__2019_12_05_diamine_inkve

Arrrgh! My phone (+ two apps on it) shows the pics in correct orientation as does my laptop. And still ... bear with me, will you?! :wacko:

Arrrgh! My phone (+ two apps on it) shows the pics in correct orientation as does my laptop. And still ... bear with me, will you?! :wacko:

Apple is to blame, I'm guessing.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Is the Samsung A40 your phone, on which the photos your posted are shown in correct orientation as you've noted?

If so, then on what are the photos not showing in the correct orientation? I'm confused now.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Is the Samsung A40 your phone, on which the photos your posted are shown in correct orientation as you've noted?

If so, then on what are the photos not showing in the correct orientation? I'm confused now.

Some of the photos posted here are not in the right orientation, some are and with some (ink blobs) it would not matter. On my phone all photos are in correct orientation as well as on my laptop, it is only when I upload them here and in the German Penexchange forum when I notice which ones are rotated to the left. But since I do not have that much time every day I cannot take the extra step to use another software besides the App I use on my phone to cut and decrease the file size, soooo you'll have to bear with me through some photos being rotated. Sorry.

#06 Ho Ho Ho is not only a really fun name for an ink but also a great colour, too! It is a lovely bright red, deep but not too dark, warm and saturated but far from being too "bloody" (= resembling blood), not leaning towards brown. I really like this ink and how it behaves and am glad that I already have a favourite red which is Montblanc Corn Poppy Red, otherwise I would have to be sad to only have 7 ml of Ho Ho Ho.

fpn_1575621157__2019_12_06_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575621023__2019_12_06_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575621193__2019_12_06_diamine_inkve

I love the idea of many ink colors but in practice I use only a few, so I'm very much enjoying this daily revealing of these pretty colors. Thank you, JulieParadise!

And I agree that Ho Ho Ho is very appealing. My favorite red (currently) is KWŻ Flame Red, so I'm still safe from coveting, haha.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

#06 Ho Ho Ho is not only a really fun name for an ink but also a great colour, too! It is a lovely bright red, deep but not too dark, warm and saturated but far from being too "bloody" (= resembling blood), not leaning towards brown. I really like this ink and how it behaves and am glad that I already have a favourite red which is Montblanc Corn Poppy Red, otherwise I would have to be sad to only have 7 ml of Ho Ho Ho.

fpn_1575621157__2019_12_06_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575621023__2019_12_06_diamine_inkve

fpn_1575621193__2019_12_06_diamine_inkve

Love it!

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****