The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ranga Handmade Pens-"matte Is Marvelous" Ebonite Group Buy

ranga kandan india germany bock jowo handmade schmidt ebonite acrylic

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 03:11

Dear All,

Thanks for the great response. We are extending this Group Buy till 14th August

August? 

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

Sponsored Content

#82 mpkandan

mpkandan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:58

August? 

Thanks for Correcting me Sir. It is 14th November

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

#83 Lloyd

Lloyd

• Member - Gold

• 6,310 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 19:28

My pleasure, sir.  I'm enthusiastically looking forward to my custom Teal 4C.

Oscar Wilde

#84 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 21:11

My pleasure, sir.  I'm enthusiastically looking forward to my custom Teal 4C.

I got a custom matte teal Model 8 and the material looks and feels fantastic.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

#85 Lloyd

Lloyd

• Member - Gold

• 6,310 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 22:39

I got a custom matte teal Model 8 and the material looks and feels fantastic.

Now, I'm  even More enthusiastically waiting for it! 

Oscar Wilde

#86 Lloyd

Lloyd

• Member - Gold

• 6,310 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:58

Dear All,

Shipment Update:

All the orders except Sugarcane series and Model 9B are shipped already.

I will send the shipment details on this week

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Should I worry that I haven't received any info on my order?

Oscar Wilde

#87 Lloyd

Lloyd

• Member - Gold

• 6,310 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 17:03

Should I worry that I haven't received any info on my order?

I got my notification this morning that it shipped on the 2nd. :thumbup: 

Oscar Wilde

#88 LobsterRoll

LobsterRoll

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:52

Mine shipped on the 2nd as well, and I received it yesterday! It was a nice surprise after a long day. It was nearly midnight, but I couldn't help myself and inked it up to try before going to bed. I'm very pleased with it so far. The bakul finish has an appearance and subtlety to it in person that I didn't anticipate from just looking at photographs of other pens. I'll post pictures when I have more time this weekend!

#89 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2019 - 15:07

Got my mottled brown model 8 last week but Ive been so busy that I could not take any photos yet... (and the weather has been awful, very dull lighting...)
But the pen is lovely! A very nice colour/finish combo in bakul! I look forward to posting photos as soon as possible

#90 Dupontdelamare

Dupontdelamare

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 14:33

I have just recently received my regular Sugarcane in matte Olive green S23 ebonite with German Bock Calligraphy 1.1 nib. As soon as I held it the feel of the matte texture made certain that this is by far the favourite of my Bamboo and Sugarcane pens. I like the texture so much I almost don’t even feel the need to write with it, although of course I soon will when I decide what ink I need to use. My Bamboo in S29 Solid green polished military is inked up with murky green Sailor Warbler ink; my Bamboo in black and yellow swirl P2 is inked up with Sailor Green tea. 

Here are all three pens lying on a piece of lute Tablature which I am transcribing.

A2B53E9B-01C2-43F4-ADD3-8AA9BE664545.jpeg

You’ll notice a slight size difference between the two Bamboo pens, the one in Black and yellow swirl being the smallest. The Sugarcane is considerably bigger, but it doesn’t feel so in the hand, it feels a wonderfully ergonomic pen, thank you Mr Kandan!

Regards

Dupontdelamare 

#91 Dupontdelamare

Dupontdelamare

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 15:33

As to the nibs on these pens, I like at least some line variation and the fine Titanium on the black and yellow Bamboo does give a little, and it also has some feedback in the manner of a graphite pencil, which I quite like; but I do have variation of a different type with the Bock 1.1 nibs in the Military green Bamboo and the matte Olive green Sugarcane.
2C157C9E-B4C9-4409-A524-582CBC209701.jpeg

I am happy with all three pens, but the newest Sugarcane is the one I think I will enjoy the most, but of course it is the last one received which could partly explain that ...

Regards

Dupontdelamare

#92 mpkandan

mpkandan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 17:39

I have just recently received my regular Sugarcane in matte Olive green S23 ebonite with German Bock Calligraphy 1.1 nib. As soon as I held it the feel of the matte texture made certain that this is by far the favourite of my Bamboo and Sugarcane pens. I like the texture so much I almost don’t even feel the need to write with it, although of course I soon will when I decide what ink I need to use. My Bamboo in S29 Solid green polished military is inked up with murky green Sailor Warbler ink; my Bamboo in black and yellow swirl P2 is inked up with Sailor Green tea. 

Here are all three pens lying on a piece of lute Tablature which I am transcribing.

attachicon.gif A2B53E9B-01C2-43F4-ADD3-8AA9BE664545.jpeg

You’ll notice a slight size difference between the two Bamboo pens, the one in Black and yellow swirl being the smallest. The Sugarcane is considerably bigger, but it doesn’t feel so in the hand, it feels a wonderfully ergonomic pen, thank you Mr Kandan!

Regards

Dupontdelamare 

Dear Mr.Dupontdelamare Sir,

Big thanks for your nice feedback and pictures. Yes. I too like your Sugarcane:)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ranga, kandan, india, germany, bock, jowo, handmade, schmidt, ebonite, acrylic

Sponsored Content

|