• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lloyd

• sansenri

• mpkandan

• LobsterRoll

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My pleasure, sir. I'm enthusiastically looking forward to my custom Teal 4C.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

My pleasure, sir. I'm enthusiastically looking forward to my custom Teal 4C.

I got a custom matte teal Model 8 and the material looks and feels fantastic.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

I got a custom matte teal Model 8 and the material looks and feels fantastic.

Now, I'm even More enthusiastically waiting for it!

Oscar Wilde

Dear All,

Shipment Update:

All the orders except Sugarcane series and Model 9B are shipped already.

I will send the shipment details on this week

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Should I worry that I haven't received any info on my order?

Oscar Wilde

Should I worry that I haven't received any info on my order?

I got my notification this morning that it shipped on the 2nd. :thumbup:

Oscar Wilde

Mine shipped on the 2nd as well, and I received it yesterday! It was a nice surprise after a long day. It was nearly midnight, but I couldn't help myself and inked it up to try before going to bed. I'm very pleased with it so far. The bakul finish has an appearance and subtlety to it in person that I didn't anticipate from just looking at photographs of other pens. I'll post pictures when I have more time this weekend!

Got my mottled brown model 8 last week but Ive been so busy that I could not take any photos yet... (and the weather has been awful, very dull lighting...)

But the pen is lovely! A very nice colour/finish combo in bakul! I look forward to posting photos as soon as possible

I have just recently received my regular Sugarcane in matte Olive green S23 ebonite with German Bock Calligraphy 1.1 nib. As soon as I held it the feel of the matte texture made certain that this is by far the favourite of my Bamboo and Sugarcane pens. I like the texture so much I almost don’t even feel the need to write with it, although of course I soon will when I decide what ink I need to use. My Bamboo in S29 Solid green polished military is inked up with murky green Sailor Warbler ink; my Bamboo in black and yellow swirl P2 is inked up with Sailor Green tea.

Here are all three pens lying on a piece of lute Tablature which I am transcribing.

post-135398-0-68103900-1575037778_thumb.jpeg

You’ll notice a slight size difference between the two Bamboo pens, the one in Black and yellow swirl being the smallest. The Sugarcane is considerably bigger, but it doesn’t feel so in the hand, it feels a wonderfully ergonomic pen, thank you Mr Kandan!

Regards

Dupontdelamare

As to the nibs on these pens, I like at least some line variation and the fine Titanium on the black and yellow Bamboo does give a little, and it also has some feedback in the manner of a graphite pencil, which I quite like; but I do have variation of a different type with the Bock 1.1 nibs in the Military green Bamboo and the matte Olive green Sugarcane.
post-135398-0-73638000-1575041099_thumb.jpeg

I am happy with all three pens, but the newest Sugarcane is the one I think I will enjoy the most, but of course it is the last one received which could partly explain that ...

Regards

Dupontdelamare

I have just recently received my regular Sugarcane in matte Olive green S23 ebonite with German Bock Calligraphy 1.1 nib. As soon as I held it the feel of the matte texture made certain that this is by far the favourite of my Bamboo and Sugarcane pens. I like the texture so much I almost don’t even feel the need to write with it, although of course I soon will when I decide what ink I need to use. My Bamboo in S29 Solid green polished military is inked up with murky green Sailor Warbler ink; my Bamboo in black and yellow swirl P2 is inked up with Sailor Green tea.

Here are all three pens lying on a piece of lute Tablature which I am transcribing.

attachicon.gif A2B53E9B-01C2-43F4-ADD3-8AA9BE664545.jpeg

You’ll notice a slight size difference between the two Bamboo pens, the one in Black and yellow swirl being the smallest. The Sugarcane is considerably bigger, but it doesn’t feel so in the hand, it feels a wonderfully ergonomic pen, thank you Mr Kandan!

Regards

Dupontdelamare

Dear Mr.Dupontdelamare Sir,

Big thanks for your nice feedback and pictures. Yes. I too like your Sugarcane:)

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

• 2 months later...

Mr. Kandan sir,

I have yet to receive the pens I ordered after receiving shipping confirmation on Dec 9th. I have not been able to reach you via email. Is this a normal delivery time to the Netherlands?

Kind regards

S. Schultz

Mr. Kandan sir,

I have yet to receive the pens I ordered after receiving shipping confirmation on Dec 9th. I have not been able to reach you via email. Is this a normal delivery time to the Netherlands?

Kind regards

S. Schultz

Dear Mr. S.Schultz Sir,

I'm out of station. I just checked the tracking. It has reached Netherlands on 2nd Jan. Could you please check with your local post office? Few packages have been delivered late due to Christmas/ New year traffic.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

This green ripple 8B was bought during the recent stock close out offer on some of Ranga's pens, but rightfully belongs in this Bakul thread.

Green ripple ebonite is one of the most classic colours of Indian ebonite, and the bakul finish gives it a particularly soft look.

The 8B model is essentially a grown up version of the model 8.

Some time ago I had asked Mr. Kandan to custom modify the model 8, which I do like a lot, into a slightly larger model.

The 8B is the result of this nice almost inevitable evolution and has immediately afterwards become a regular model in the Ranga offer.

The concave section and the slightly bulging body make this pen very comfortable to hold.

Compared to some other Ranga models, the 8B (as the 8, 3, 3C, and the new Splendour, which seems to have this feature too) has no step from barrel to section and this contributes to a comfortable handling.

The forest green colour of this ebonite is really nice.

In the bakul finish, the black ripple is sort of subdued, which gives this ebonite a soft look.

fpn_1581288607__p1190041-3_ranga_8b_gree

The bakul finish increases the feeling of warmth when holding this pen. It also has a sort of silky feel.

This pen is a CC system. The Bock nib in B is smooth with a very slight touch of spring.

fpn_1581289269__p1190042-3_ranga_8b_gree

This is now my 7th 8B...and a very nice one! Thank you Ranga.

Edited by sansenri