The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Cartridges. Poor Fit Or Counterfeit?

lamy cartridge ink blue/black fake safari nexx

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 12:49

I bought some Lamy blue/black cartridges and I have been using them in a Safari & a Nexx.

The issue is that they seem to weep ink where they push-fit onto the 'pip'.

I tried wrapping the cartridge with paper, so there's some kind of a seal around the end of the section.

The paper was impregnated with blue/black ink when I just looked, but there was nothing in the barrel.

I would have tried the cartridges in my Yiren 566 but the damn thing has an EF nib.

The cartridges have the 'LAMY' mark and are in a box with a Lamy name.

Has anyone else had any issue with the fit of the Lamy cartridges? The poor fit made me think they might be counterfeit. I have some Lamy Blue cartridges, but I have only fitted one you my Yiren 566 demonstrator, not to a genuine Lamy pen.

My actual Lamy branded pens are a Safari & a Nexx. The b/b cartridges weeped on both pens.

I quite like the Lamy blue/black ink. I don't know whether it is non-gall or not.

Sponsored Content

#2 bogiesan

bogiesan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 15:09

Never heard of possibly fake Lamy cartridges. You could be the first bu more likely they have been stored improperly or are so old the plastic has oxidized a wee bit and is no longer flexible enough to hold a perfect seal. Depends largely on where you bought them and how much you paid. The Lamy ink is not iron gall.
I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

#3 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 22:01

Bought from an English Ebay seller 30/08/19.

Is there any way of telling the approximate age of the cartridges from the box? I mean any printed numbers that give a month or year the box was printed. Usually I don't bother with cartridges, but I didn't want to waste money on a bottle for an ink that did not look how I expected on my preferred choice of paper (Clairfontaine usually).

#4 jchch1950

jchch1950

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 22:32

Never have any problem with the Lamy cartridges in my Lamy pens. B)

#5 bogiesan

bogiesan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:04

Try buying a box of cartridges directly from Lamy.
I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, cartridge, ink blue/black, fake, safari, nexx

Sponsored Content

|